Medda to go for share issue

TheMeddaPie

Why should the Medda be allowed to sell of their park and move to this OTT austerity defying development ? Maybe IF they gave their land to the council for free to sell to developers. This will be an NAC funded project, not an Irvine one and there are othervclubs in North Ayrshire, Vic's for instance that have lived within their means and are not running around pleading poverty after spunking umpteen thousands.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of posts on here about cutting Players wages and releasing Players.

Obviously if you were on the Committee of any Club you should be well aware that Players all have contracts and have to agree to any cut in wages or agree to move to another Club.Not a case of getting rid. Its not that easy.

So much rubbish and speculation posted on here.

Yes we have problems but they are being addressed. I'd like to think that I would be more sympathetic if any Club was in trouble but obviously there are those that love to spread the poison and gloat on another Clubs problems.

Really sad and pathetic.!!!!

Meadow are in trouble, that there is no doubt.

However it seems they are rightly exploring every avenue that may get them out of it. They are trying their best it seems to drum up support of the community into helping resolve the issue as well as exploring selling assets and relocating.

People can argue the reasons they got into this mess, but that's the past and I hope they can resolve their problems and get out it.

I notice on this thread the constant criticism or opinion on how they are trying to resolve it, however with the exception of getting rid of players who are under contract (small problem there) I don't see any other solution offered.

It's easy to put down ideas but much harder to come up with them.

Good luck to the meadow fans, I hope you get through this mess and ignore those who's only joy is others misery.

People can argue the reasons they got into this mess, but that's the past and I hope they can resolve their problems and get out it.

This is the problem. I can see this point of view in 2009. They got out of jail then and should have reduced their costs more than they did.

There are numerous clubs that have fallen on hard times after spending big and fallen down the leagues - I can't recall many making the same mistake again like it appears Meadow have.

There really is so much ill informed total guff on here.

Meadow supporters are aware of the facts and the actions being taken to adress the problem and they are the only people that matter here.

Troll on.

Plenty of posts on here about cutting Players wages and releasing Players.

Obviously if you were on the Committee of any Club you should be well aware that Players all have contracts and have to agree to any cut in wages or agree to move to another Club.Not a case of getting rid. Its not that easy.

So much rubbish and speculation posted on here.

Yes we have problems but they are being addressed. I'd like to think that I would be more sympathetic if any Club was in trouble but obviously there are those that love to spread the poison and gloat on another Clubs problems.

Really sad and pathetic.!!!!

If you look through all the posts then you will see that 90 % of us have wished Meadow well & are not gloating by any means

We are just asking why the club hasn't went out its way to get rid of its assets ie the players? I'm pretty sure that a few of your squad would quite easily get hooked up with other clubs no bother if the club offered them out . Has this happened yet?? Most defiantly not . Even if you only got rid of a couple it would save say £300 a week . You got Darroch off the books but refused to let him go to a rival so he is kicking his heels with Port Glasgow until the end of the season . And this is I suspect why the others haven't been given a quick exit

Understand that some might want to attempt to keep your premier status but surely it's about the survival of the club now & not what league they are in? I applaud the fundraising & effort the fans are doing but I'm also a bit sceptical of this share issue & the current incumbents still running the ship despite being part of its sinking & I was on our committee for 3 seasons & only gave up because of work commitments so know fine well how clubs work . Really Sad & pathetic? Nope . A fan of a junior club talking about another on a junior forum yip. . Maybe Meadow shouldn't wash their dirty laundry in public if they don't want it talked about or at least don't make a total balls up of it not once but twice . As I said I feel for the genuine fans of the club & hope that the club get through it but comments like yours won't exactly help with the general sympathy vote im afraid

Why should the Medda be allowed to sell of their park and move to this OTT austerity defying development ? Maybe IF they gave their land to the council for free to sell to developers. This will be an NAC funded project, not an Irvine one and there are othervclubs in North Ayrshire, Vic's for instance that have lived within their means and are not running around pleading poverty after spunking umpteen thou

sands.

You have no idea of any of the facts surrounding the proposed development, nor the funds that would become available if the Ground was sold, nor what the Ground is worth with planning permission. Why would Meadow not be allowed to sell their Park? It is theirs to sell and if the supporters agreed it was the right thing to do. The Ground with planning permission is worth far more than the level of debt. There are many bridges to cross before a move, if it happened, took place. Even if it didn't a Debt management agreement is in place over the next 5 years that will clear the Debt. This will be the main priority of the Club and wage levels will be realistic and achievable while repaying the Debt. The main focus will be the survival of the Club and when Debt is repaid we will come out of this in a much better place possibly with a new facility that would generate additional funds and this coupled with no Debt repayments will make for a better, sustainable future for Irvine Meadow.

Would suggest to Meadoe fans in here that if they don't want their club talked about they either get this thread closed or don't visit the junior forum for a while .

We are looking at the facts but for some they just don't add up so they are asking questions as you do in a forum

And if you can't handle that without becoming abusive then may I suggest a public forum isn't for you

You have no idea of any of the facts surrounding the proposed development, nor the funds that would become available if the Ground was sold, nor what the Ground is worth with planning permission. Why would Meadow not be allowed to sell their Park? It is theirs to sell and if the supporters agreed it was the right thing to do. The Ground with planning permission is worth far more than the level of debt. There are many bridges to cross before a move, if it happened, took place. Even if it didn't a Debt management agreement is in place over the next 5 years that will clear the Debt. This will be the main priority of the Club and wage levels will be realistic and achievable while repaying the Debt. The main focus will be the survival of the Club and when Debt is repaid we will come out of this in a much better place possibly with a new facility that would generate additional funds and this coupled with no Debt repayments will make for a better, sustainable future for Irvine Meadow.

With respect, banning your local media isn't helpful in enabling people to have any idea of what's going on and if you create an information vacuum then people will fill it themselves.

I don't see any issue with IM playing at a council run facility - there are any number of clubs at this level who are doing that. The indoor element is interesting - if indeed it's the indoor facility they would use.

A lot of people are just asking questions and a committee member (I assume?) coming in here to accuse folk of being sad and pathetic is really a road best avoided. When clubs run up this sort of debt it seems like there must be a link to poor management by those at the helm. That feels a bit more sad than some of the comments on here. And frankly, nobody just lands up £100k in debt. Members and supporters (and those who follow other clubs who have had a lot less success but are run sustainably) are perfectly entitled to ask how this was allowed to happen and why it wasn't addressed about £70k earlier. Steps being taken to deal with it and stay afloat are admirable but the supporters meetings must have had some focus on how this was allowed to happen and following on from that assure themselves that those running the club now are likely to be able to manage them out of it.

That may all have been discussed and you may be keeping it all in house but IM are one of the biggest names in the grade so there is a wider interest - however unwelcome that may be. It would be no different if it were Talbot, Bo'ness, Pollok or Linlithgow.

Meadow are in trouble, that there is no doubt.

However it seems they are rightly exploring every avenue that may get them out of it. They are trying their best it seems to drum up support of the community into helping resolve the issue as well as exploring selling assets and relocating.

I notice on this thread the constant criticism or opinion on how they are trying to resolve it, however with the exception of getting rid of players who are under contract (small problem there) I don't see any other solution offered.

It's easy to put down ideas but much harder to come up with them.

Good luck to the meadow fans, I hope you get through this mess and ignore those who's only joy is others misery.

Well said!

My club were one of the original poster children for living beyond your means in the late 90s/early 00s, so I sympathise with the Medda fans here – it’s not pleasant when it all comes crashing down.

What we did though when it all went tits up was immediately downsize and cut our cloth accordingly and not kick the ball further down the road like it appears from outside to be happening in Irvine. It meant we went on what seemed like a one way mission down the leagues for several seasons – it’s only been the last few we’ve been on the way back up again.

The last thing you want to do is sell the family silver, lose Meadow Park which is one of the best grounds in the Juniors and end up in the same dire straits again another five years down the line with nothing left to sell. It’s not palatable, but the senisble thing to do to secure the long-term future of the club is to take your lumps in the short term.

I DONT KNOW WHAT IS IN THEIR CONSTITUION BUT MOST CLUBS ARE COMMUNITY BASED CLUBS RUN BY VOLUNTEERS WITH ELECTED OFFICIALS AND AS SUCH DONT HAVE AN "OWNER"  SO HOW CAN YOU SELL SHARES IN SOMETHING YOU DONT  "OWN". I AWAIT ENLIGHTENMENT

I DONT KNOW WHAT IS IN THEIR CONSTITUION BUT MOST CLUBS ARE COMMUNITY BASED CLUBS RUN BY VOLUNTEERS WITH ELECTED OFFICIALS AND AS SUCH DONT HAVE AN "OWNER"  SO HOW CAN YOU SELL SHARES IN SOMETHING YOU DONT  "OWN". I AWAIT ENLIGHTENMENT

One thing you can sure about is you won't get enlightenment from the committee of Irvine Meadow. 

The shares are in a totally new company which doesn't exist yet. Nor is there anything presented about what will be in the articles of this company. The good news is that when they get around to creating this new company details will be held at companies house, so all the detail will be publicly available. This will include the purpose of the company, who the directors are, share capital etc. But also what can the directors do without referring to the shareholders. As the plan to convert 'donations' from supporters to £100 shares is fundamental to the purpose of this new company, I would want to see how the board could use the money for something other than what was originally intended. There are ways!!!. 

The other fact to be aware of is you are not investing in Irvine Meadow the football club that owes £100k, For some reason that escapes me they want money going into a totally new company. And you will have no say whatsoever in how Irvine Meadow is run. I would have thought that racking up debts of £100k would be cause enough to get all the help they can. They clearly need more than money.

But time is not on their side. They are taking in money as a business (gates, sponsorship, but clearly not 'donations' as they are being earmarked for the new company) and choosing to increase their debt by paying players and clearly no real decisions being made. And definitely no hard decisions. Increasing the debt (say £10K a month plus interest on the £100k) when money being raised by the club is 'preferring' money going to the new co will be of interest to the fraud squad. I am sure HMRC will be onto this dodge. 

There is no shame in a company owing money it can't pay but there is shame in demonstrating you have no idea how to get out of the *hit. 

Phone Phillip Green http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35883134

Loving the wonderful insightful responses from Meadow contributors here . Just adds more fuel to the wildfire

Us Meadow fans have been informed about what has happened previously, mistakes made, voted on share issue & know about it. We have heard about fundraising and even had a few ideas of our own and do care about the future of our club. We are not going into fine detail and putting it all on Social media and let other fans try and pick holes in the ideas that Meadow fans and committee have come up with.

Speak to us at a game and happy to speak to you about it if you genuinely care what happens to Meadow and not just on the wind up.

The moving to Quarry Road is a long term potential solution but very very early talks and would have to be satisfactory for both the football club and the council. Even if doesn't go ahead 5 year debt repayment programme been put in place where wages are vastly reduced during this period and we may go down the Leagues but as long as I can watch Irvine Meadow every week I don't care whether playing Muirkirk or Pollok.

Archived