Dirt Rally

Mr Sugden

Really enjoying this so far, on my third rally after finishing 4th in Greece, dnf in monte carlo - I was sitting second overall after 2 stages so made the mistake of pushing a tiny bit too hard and went sideways off the road into the trees. I love how unforgiving it is, really makes for a tense and realistic experience as you need to get the car home first of all but still want to be as quick as possible. I seen loads of complaints that it was too difficult before I bought it, but I think they have just made it realistic, driving down a narrow gravel path at speed would be very difficult.
Gonna try the rallycross today and hopefully finish a few more rallies.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2017 at 06:17, #Gary said:

Anyone tried this in PSVR? 

Bit late replying, but I see it's on sale again so possibly timely.

Yes, I have and it's probably what you would expect (in a good way).    The visuals are pretty grainy, but not as muddy as the Driveclub demo.

In a way VR isn't as important to rallying as there's no real need to look sideways unless you do the Rallycross racing mode, but it's very good at conveying the bumps and undulations and the general experience of being in the driver's seat.

It can be a bit vomit-inducing, but probably no more so that being in a real rally car being badly driven.

1 hour ago, SramTon said:

Bit late replying, but I see it's on sale again so possibly timely.

Yes, I have and it's probably what you would expect (in a good way).    The visuals are pretty grainy, but not as muddy as the Driveclub demo.

In a way VR isn't as important to rallying as there's no real need to look sideways unless you do the Rallycross racing mode, but it's very good at conveying the bumps and undulations and the general experience of being in the driver's seat.

It can be a bit vomit-inducing, but probably no more so that being in a real rally car being badly driven.

I know this isn't really the right thread but came across Grand Turismo Sport which is VR compatible, for what seems a really good price, when considering it's still selling for between £30-40 at a lot of stores.   https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gran-Turismo-Sport-PS4/362171005626?_trkparms=clkid%3D192114293281152916#rwid

Archived