The All New 2016 MLB Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pirates have signed Gregory Polanco to a 5 year $35 million deal that starts in 2017. Two club options in years 6 and 7 worth a total of $25 million.

Been wondering when this was gonna get done. Dude grew up in the Dominican and was signed to a very small bonus. Makes sense to take a team friendly deal rather than risking injury or not living up to your potential while playing out a rookie deal. If everything goes according to plan the Pirates could be looking at an all time great outfield all on team friendly deals by next year and the year after.

Also, 238 out of 864 players on opening day rosters were born outside the US. 18 countries and territories represented which ties the all time record set in 1998.

Dominican Republic - 82

Venezuela - 63

Cuba - 23

Puerto Rico - 17

Mexico - 12

Japan - 8

South Korea - 8

Canada - 6

Panama - 4

Columbia - 3

Curacao - 3

Brazil - 2

Taiwan - 2

Aruba, Australia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, US Virgin Islands - 1

Giants blew the Brewers out the water 12-3. Back-to back-to-back homers by Span, Panik and Posey. Span now ties Barry Bonds for the most RBI on opening day in Giants history. And it turns out Bumgarner was sick and was nearly scratched.

Giants blew the Brewers out the water 12-3. Back-to back-to-back homers by Span, Panik and Posey. Span now ties Barry Bonds for the most RBI on opening day in Giants history. And it turns out Bumgarner was sick and was nearly scratched.

Aye him and Posey apparently had flu type symptoms

Cubs start like they hope to go on - 9-0 over the Angels. Offense just as advertised and will really eat pitchers alive this year:

Fowler

Heyward

Zobrist

Rizzo

Bryant

Schwarber

Soler - DH

Montero

Russell

Not sure Zobrist will hit 3rd all year, but not many easy outs in that lineup. Arrieta starts the year looking as good as last year as well. Hopefully see a good few more games like this first one!

:lol:

Utter bullshit. The umpire called it fine, if anything it's the rule itself which should be questioned.

I don't think there's anyway Betances gets that ball to Tex without hitting Correa, although I don't disagreee that it's maybe more to do with the rule itself than the decision. The ball 3 call before the 2 run single was bullshit though, that was a strike 3 and we should've been out the inning at 3-2

So why not hit Correa?? This is the same Yankees who employed Roger Clemens? Basically made a career out of pitching at batter's heads. Now they're suddenly worried about throwing the ball at base-runners?

Like I said, total bullshit from Girardi. Two days in and the Yankees are annoying me already.

So why not hit Correa?? This is the same Yankees who employed Roger Clemens? Basically made a career out of pitching at batter's heads. Now they're suddenly worried about throwing the ball at base-runners?

Like I said, total bullshit from Girardi. Two days in and the Yankees are annoying me already.

At least they lost

So there's this new DP slide rule brought in to protect players, but when it comes to this they're being encouraged to hit batters? Makes sense. And suggesting we should be freely hitting batters because of someone we had pitch for us over 10 years ago is rather absurd.

Archived