The All New 2016 MLB Thread

lichtie23

I'm not sure if anybody ended up following the WBC, but the US vs. Puerto Rico Championship Game is on now. It's been a great tournament so far. the US v. Dominican games both looked lit on tv. This thing has always been big overseas, but maybe it's finally catching on here. I've heard that several of the top US players who didn't play have said they want to be on the squad next time.

Ian Kinsler fired shots at Latin baseball culture in the NY Times today. "I hope kids watching the WBC can watch the way we play the game and appreciate the way we play the game as opposed to the way Puerto Rico plays or the Dominican plays." Haha. Then he hits a home run to open the scoring in the Final.

Marcus Stroman is pitching for the US. He's been talking mad shit to the Puerto Rico bench. Apparently he's been booed during the introductions in both games against PR because his mom in from PR, but he chose to pitch for the US. He says his mom has been dealing with a lot of crap on social media during the tournament.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only caught highlights of the whole tournament, but this has got to be the best WBC they've had. Exciting games and great performances from a whole range of players. Feel a bit sorry for Puerto Rico, but not a bad thing to have the US win either.

Kinsler's quote just makes the US players out to be really boring. The exciting/celebratory style of Puerto Rico and the DR are much more fun to watch for the spectators.

Archived