Newtongrange star

b on the star

47 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Oh dear :whistle

Football is a funny game, or perhaps not, if you are a Musselburgh supporter, looking at the league table today.

Musselburgh had a great result at Bonnyrigg 2 weeks ago, and needed 1 point from three games to avoid automatic relegation. Anyone who saw that game would probably have said, that Musselburgh would get the point. Three defeats later we are    relegated.

Small margins indeed, but well done to Newtongrange for doing enough in their last 4 games, to still be in with a chance of staying in the Super League next season.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Oh dear :whistle

Whilst recognising that some posters have knocked Newtongrange all the way through the season I would rather you praised the Newtongrange team as Toffee Fan has done for getting 16 points from their last 8 games  - 25 points from the last 18.

I hope you went up to Jeanfield yesterday to see the scenes at Full time. Not pleasant.

Spend your time helpingNewtongrange get 2 wins over Forfar as I really don't want to witness that again.

More local teams in the top league the better 

15 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Whilst recognising that some posters have knocked Newtongrange all the way through the season I would rather you praised the Newtongrange team as Toffee Fan has done for getting 16 points from their last 8 games  - 25 points from the last 18.

I hope you went up to Jeanfield yesterday to see the scenes at Full time. Not pleasant.

Spend your time helpingNewtongrange get 2 wins over Forfar as I really don't want to witness that again.

More local teams in the top league the better 

what happened ryan

36 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

what happened ryan

As you would expect everyone was devastated.

It's never nice to see that even worse to read folk looking for pay back. I get stuff was written and said but you get on with the season - there is still a long way to go.

5 hours ago, The Faceman said:

As you would expect everyone was devastated.

It's never nice to see that even worse to read folk looking for pay back. I get stuff was written and said but you get on with the season - there is still a long way to go.

Who's looking for payback? 

If ye go back a few pages on this thread alone you were arguing with Toffee fan. :lol:

I don't have any affiliation to any junior team but for the record I did give Toffee fan a green for the respected answer he gave back and for what it's worth I like to see all the local teams do well. 

What's the chances of the play off being scrapped if Kelty and others move to the EOSFL?

23 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

If ye go back a few pages on this thread alone you were arguing with Toffee fan. :lol:

I don't have any affiliation to any junior team but for the record I did give Toffee fan a green for the respected answer he gave back and for what it's worth I like to see all the local teams do well. 

Mon the Burgh in the play off. 

What's the chances of the play off being scrapped if Kelty and others move to the EOSFL?

others ?

21 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

let's not.or are you just guessing more than kelty.spill :lol:

Are you saying Kelty won't make the switch? That could well be the start,it won't bother me either way the EOSFL and LL will continue regardless but if others did would the play off be scrapped? That was my question ;)

17 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Think you could rule out Bo'ness from that.  Too many things to be upgraded in such a short time.  Although it did surprise me that Connor McGregor has come back.  You would think that Whitehill was a progression, league wise anyway?  Unless he was told things were about to change.  Pure hypothesis though.

But back to Nitten as its their thread.  They played us off the park through there a few weeks but it ended goalless.  They certainly looked as if they had fight but I didn't think that would be enough at that point.  So well done for that late spurt.  Only thing going against you now may be if players haven't been playing or training since the league games finished.  Maybe a fan can confirm?

5 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

But back to Nitten as its their thread.  They played us off the park through there a few weeks but it ended goalless.  They certainly looked as if they had fight but I didn't think that would be enough at that point.  So well done for that late spurt.  Only thing going against you now may be if players haven't been playing or training since the league games finished.  Maybe a fan can confirm?

The boys have been training as normal.  They had to prepare for best case scenario in that they would make the play-off's.

Yes this Saturday at Forfar and next Saturday at Nitten 

Cheers. Strange playing a playoff when the league games are not complete. I know the games left don't effect relegation but would that ever happen at any other level of football.....

Archived