Newtongrange star

b on the star

8 changes from last week for the above reasons.

Another good performance 1 loss in 10 league games but not a great deal between the sides in the 2 games. 

I don't think any of last season's signed 'star' players were there today and the players who came in for them did very well

A contender for goal of the season by Flynny worth the gate alone! 

Wish Forfar all the best for next season and congratulate them and their fans on their success

Well done boys

On a personal note have really enjoyed my 1st season at Newtongrange. Watching a team developing every week has been delightful. 

I look forward to that continued progress next season.

All the best to the supporters, players, management and committee - have a good 3 weeks off.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, nittin bull said:

Currie our captain and Wilson both stated they would play they let us down erol our top goal scorer olso at a wedding . Swanney was best man at a wedding that can't be helped all the best to FWE.

To be honest, it's rediculous to still be playing in June. These guys aren't full time players on a good wage. Unfortunately weddings happen at this time of year. Season is far too long. Should be playing midweek games in august and throughout the season. Can't blame players for missing games in June ffs. If they want a more professional attitude from players, the league should be run more professionally. Only my opinion. Understand it's a massive game for nitten but leagues a shambles.

3 hours ago, fowler23 said:

To be honest, it's rediculous to still be playing in June. These guys aren't full time players on a good wage. Unfortunately weddings happen at this time of year. Season is far too long. Should be playing midweek games in august and throughout the season. Can't blame players for missing games in June ffs. If they want a more professional attitude from players, the league should be run more professionally. Only my opinion. Understand it's a massive game for nitten but leagues a shambles.

I fully agree mate. I believe junior players are on a 40 week contract. may june and july off ???? I don't think so. the only period they are sure t be off is second fortnight in june

Far better display today. At least they Battled away. Number 9 they signed from Danderhall had a cracking game. No coincidence that the team actually worked hard without their superstar captain 

Mayb a move to a BIGGER club will help the laddie [emoji87]
Outstanding for nitten in the last few games to avoid Relegation according to most.....
See yous next season boys always the fixture we both look forward to [emoji1417]

Bit my tongue all week not got a problem with any newtongrange players or committee absolute great guys and wish them all the best next season and beyond!!!

But as for the supporters neutrals etcetc west end are having a party and your all invitedz. Just say at the door the big fat hopeless striker invited you 

7 hours ago, hitmanhart89 said:

Bit my tongue all week not got a problem with any newtongrange players or committee absolute great guys and wish them all the best next season and beyond!!!

But as for the supporters neutrals etcetc west end are having a party and your all invitedz. Just say at the door the big fat hopeless striker invited you 

Tell you what big man you done well no to bite yesterday, fair play and good luck next season 

1 hour ago, Van magic said:

That was the word up there yesterday DURING the game

If that's the case then I'm afraid I for one have lost all faith in Junior Football decision makers. Nitten have been relegated. Fair and square. And over the course of the season the league doesn't lie. Would be an absolute disgrace and would make Junior football a Laughing stock should they were to be saved by Kelty leaving. Surely the correct and fair resolution would be to have one less team in the superleague next season. 

Nitten are down and nothing should save them from that. 

38 minutes ago, Shaggy O'Hara said:

Tell you what big man you done well no to bite yesterday, fair play and good luck next season 

I don't mind the banter infact quite enjoy it. What annoys me is people that know nothing and skate us etc then don't have the decency to say they were wrong! Thanks again and good luck to nitten great set up there!

9 minutes ago, TheGeneral10 said:

If that's the case then I'm afraid I for one have lost all faith in Junior Football decision makers. Nitten have been relegated. Fair and square. And over the course of the season the league doesn't lie. Would be an absolute disgrace and would make Junior football a Laughing stock should they were to be saved by Kelty leaving. Surely the correct and fair resolution would be to have one less team in the superleague next season. 

So we should have a shambles of a league just because someone left.  WHats different between that and in SPL when teams were bottom should have been relegated and falkirk couldn't come up because of their ground.  League needs to be 16 teams.

2 hours ago, TheGeneral10 said:

So, we should have the ridiculous situation where we have an odd number of teams in the League, with one kicking their heels most weeks?

Behave.

37 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

So, we should have the ridiculous situation where we have an odd number of teams in the League, with one kicking their heels most weeks?

Behave.

So, the knock on effect on the Premier League would be...

8 changes from last week for the above reasons.
Another good performance 1 loss in 10 league games but not a great deal between the sides in the 2 games. 
I don't think any of last season's signed 'star' players were there today and the players who came in for them did very well
A contender for goal of the season by Flynny worth the gate alone! 
Wish Forfar all the best for next season and congratulate them and their fans on their success
Well done boys
On a personal note have really enjoyed my 1st season at Newtongrange. Watching a team developing every week has been delightful. 
I look forward to that continued progress next season.
All the best to the supporters, players, management and committee - have a good 3 weeks off.

Continued progress u were relegated or am I missing something.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Behave.

Ridiculous would be Nitten staying in Superleague after being relegated in a play off match.  

Hearing Kelty looking to keep a team junior and also have a team in East of Scotland so ur passport to unfairly staying in the Superleague may not be so clear cut anyway. 

Ridiculous would be Nitten staying in Superleague after being relegated in a play off match.  
Hearing Kelty looking to keep a team junior and also have a team in East of Scotland so ur passport to unfairly staying in the Superleague may not be so clear cut anyway. 

How would that work? Surely neither association will be bright enough to avoid there being a time when both the EOS & Junior team have a home fixture on a Saturday?

3 hours ago, TheGeneral10 said:

I suggest you check two things. 1) My user name 2) My listed team.  I am no Nitten fan but the East's 'flagship' league can do without being lopsided.

And if Kelty wanted to keep a junior team, they should be forced to start from the bottom.

Archived