Sons v Alloa Athletic 1/3/16

I may be wrong but I think it's club policy (or at least preferred) that club officials/employees stay clear of media outlets/forums etc.

When you look at the some of the shit Wasps1 comes away with you can understand why such a rule might be required.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's hoping he's right - how's the weather in G82? It's almost sunny and perfectly dry in town thenow.

Seems a shame that he's been banned, it wasn't exactly like he was posting anything controversial or that the club wouldn't like. It was nice to have a direct link to how the pitch was looking - and it gave us another perspective on the hard work that goes into running the club behind the scenes.

Intermittent showers, there was really heavy rain all through last night though. Seems more heavy showers are forecast for later. Fingers crossed. Was there an Under 20's match on last night? CID stadium car park was busy last night when I was taking an evening constitutional with dog.

Intermittent showers, there was really heavy rain all through last night though. Seems more heavy showers are forecast for later. Fingers crossed. Was there an Under 20's match on last night? CID stadium car park was busy last night when I was taking an evening constitutional with dog.

The 20s game was at Murray Park, it might have been a DFDL meeting or something like that as I think they're held at the Rock.

Failing that, perhaps the 20s team and associated parents leave their cars at the rock and take a team bus to Milngavie?

The 20s game was at Murray Park, it might have been a DFDL meeting or something like that as I think they're held at the Rock.

Failing that, perhaps the 20s team and associated parents leave their cars at the rock and take a team bus to Milngavie?

Could be right about the meeting or suchlike.

A game on Sat, then Mon & Tues doesn't seem logical.

eta - it's started raining again here in G82 :(

Could be right about the meeting or suchlike.

A game on Sat, then Mon & Tues doesn't seem logical.

eta - it's started raining again here in G82 :(

Aye, Rangers 20s playing on our pitch really can't help things. Stay firm, pitch :(

Edit: And it's now peeing down here as well :thumbsdown

Inspection put back to 4.30pm.

In my increasingly pessimistic state I'm going to say that, that would say to me it won't be playable at 4.

Playing mind games with a football pitch and the weather. Wot evn is lyfe?

I wouldn't have him as a certain starter.

Supersons, The Garry Fleming fan club founder?

ETA: Optimistic saying above that Heh or McCallum would have offered running and nothing else? That is probably more than we got from Garry yesterday. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been the player to come on for Nade but he didn't seem interested as mentioned above. Regardless of you saying he challenged things yesterday, I didn't see him jump more than 2 times.

I like Garry and think he offers a completely different option to anything else we have, but he is so inconsistent. If he isn't fit, he shouldn't be near the park.

Okay if you say I founded the GFFC it must be true.

You boys stick to drooling all over shite like John Gemmell, I know who offers more on the pitch

Okay if you say I founded the GFFC it must be true.

You boys stick to drooling all over shite like Jimmy Lister, I know who offers more on the pitch

Fixed to make it suitable for myself.

Garry's been rancid for weeks, that may well be down to injury as it's very unusual, but It doesn't mean it's not true. Strange for you to get so ragin' about it.

Fair to criticise if he was 100 percent fit but when not then the criticism is unfair.

Let's be fair we could have the Barcelona team starting a game for us and they would still be shite according to some of our fans!!

Fair to criticise if he was 100 percent fit but when not then the criticism is unfair.

Let's be fair we could have the Barcelona team starting a game for us and they would still be shite according to some of our fans!!

I know a player who said he was probably about 100% for about 2 games a season, you're always carrying wee knocks, strains and pains. It's just part of the job. Most players will be 75-90% fit most of the time.

I get what you're saying, but firstly if Garry is as unfit as that then there's no way he should be risking longer term damage by playing. Secondly if he's nearing full fitness tonight he must've been similar on Saturday?

I used it earlier, but Nadè's not fit either, but he still managed to put in a mighty impressive 60 minutes.

I know a player who said he was probably about 100% for about 2 games a season, you're always carrying wee knocks, strains and pains. It's just part of the job. Most players will be 75-90% fit most of the time.

I get what you're saying, but firstly if Garry is as unfit as that then there's no way he should be risking longer term damage by playing. Secondly if he's nearing full fitness tonight he must've been similar on Saturday?

I used it earlier, but Nadè's not fit either, but he still managed to put in a mighty impressive 60 minutes.

Big Nade has played at a fair higher level than oor Gaz so you would hope for a better performance from him.

Remember we were up a team on sat who as much as I hate saying it would probably finish in the top half of premier league, fitter supposedly better defenders!!

I think you are really struggling to grasp what folk are getting at with Fleming.

No one is saying Fleming is a bad player, people are simply pointing out he hasn't been good the last few weeks. Now he may well be carrying a knock but that does nothing to change the fact he hasn't been good. It's not criticism, merely an factual observation.

If he is fully fit then aye, call it criticism. If he isn't fit and it's leading to him turning in these lacklustre performances then he shouldn't be on the park. That's a criticism of Aitken for picking an injured player.

Hope this clears things up.

Big Nade has played at a fair higher level than oor Gaz so you would hope for a better performance from him.

Remember we were up a team on sat who as much as I hate saying it would probably finish in the top half of premier league, fitter supposedly better defenders!!

Eh, aye...

I think you are really struggling to grasp what folk are getting at with Fleming.

No one is saying Fleming is a bad player, people are simply pointing out he hasn't been good the last few weeks. Now he may well be carrying a knock but that does nothing to change the fact he hasn't been good. It's not criticism, merely an factual observation.

If he is fully fit then aye, call it criticism. If he isn't fit and it's leading to him turning in these lacklustre performances then he shouldn't be on the park. That's a criticism of Aitken for picking an injured player.

Hope this clears things up.

This basically saved me a bit of typing.

There's no denying Garry's been one of our best players, not just this season but since we were promoted. It's only natural that his form will drop off, or injuries will give him a wee dunt for a while.

Nobody's said at any point he's a bad player, if anything the point has been made that he's one of our better players playing badly - That's where the frustration comes from.

Anyway we'll all be living happily every after when he scores a hat-trick tonight*

*at a hastily arranged training session following the postponement of the game :(

The Sons have been playing Cawley on the wing? :blink:

Send the puir lamb home, FFS.

Mainly because we couldn't find a right winger. We've now shoe-horned a left back in at left mid and moved our left mid over to right mid to allow our usual right mid to play in the centre. I'm surprised it took us so long to figure out tbh...

I think it was just before this game- he said he would set the team up to be much harder to beat, and we got trounced 4-1 against Peterhead and Dumbarton in consecutive games :lol:

I remember that and the Peterhead game. Thought he also said he felt like jumping off the Erskine Bridge on the way home from the Dumbarton defeat though.

At least he got 100% support at the Q&A though? ;)

Archived