Celtic v Dundee

Leaving at 1pm for this one so should be well tanked up for our obligatory pumping. A goal would be nice.

Seriously though, I hope we do have a go this time regardless of how the result pans out. We have tried to sit in on our last 2 visits and conceded a grand total of 11 - so if we have a go can it actually be any worse?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impossible for me to get away from work in time for this so it'll have to be open all mics.

Can't see anything other than a home win. Even though Celtic are gash there seems to be a psychological thing about playing at Celtic Park.

I'd say that most folk seem to feel the same way, I can only hope that pep sees it too and we have a go.

We don't have a big enough squad to rotate players per se but if we can make sure and rest anyone with knocks or anyone who feels fucked that'd be grand. Be aswell giving some of the boys on the periphery of the first team a look in too.

It's a no lose situation, no one expects anything from the game so there shouldn't be any pressure.

I presume just as we think we are in it Griffiths will knock one in. They dominated the Hammies really until the red. They don't have another way of playing with Deila though which is one of the main reasons they struggle. Expecting a defeat but this is version of Celtic that can lose their way as a game goes on.

i agree with the post there is no reason to park the bus,celtic will always break teams down,getting beat 3 and 4 nothing by parking the bus or getting beat 3 or 4-1 or 3-2,yes celtic have all things in your favour but teams are beat before the game starts with the tactics,spoke to i few Dundee fans going up to Aberdeen on the day we were playing the Arabs,they had the same tactics going up to Aberdeen beating before the game starts,no belief no confidence

i agree with the post there is no reason to park the bus,celtic will always break teams down,getting beat 3 and 4 nothing by parking the bus or getting beat 3 or 4-1 or 3-2,yes celtic have all things in your favour but teams are beat before the game starts with the tactics,spoke to i few Dundee fans going up to Aberdeen on the day we were playing the Arabs,they had the same tactics going up to Aberdeen beating before the game starts,no belief no confidence

I'd like to see us 'have a go'. Motherwell, Killie, ICT, Hamilton have all done well against Celtic recently. No reason Dundee can't either. We'll still need Celtic to have an off day if we are to win the game mind

I'd like to see us 'have a go'. Motherwell, Killie, ICT, Hamilton have all done well against Celtic recently. No reason Dundee can't either. We'll still need Celtic to have an off day if we are to win the game mind

i want teams to have a go ,guys around me at the game and myself are getting fed up watching teams come to paradise and park the bus it's much better watching two teams trying to win the game,yes celtic have better players but turning up expecting to get beat is what's wrong with Scottish football.

Never know what to expect when we play Dundee. One of those teams you can skelp, or they will make it difficult for you.

You don't have 11 draws out of your 27 games by being easy to beat. In fact they have only lost 3 more than Aberdeen & Hearts which tells it's own story. However, we need to be winning games like this...especially at home. Failure to do so for the 2nd game on the trot would be unacceptable.

Going for a 2-0 win for the Champions!

I expect to lose a few goals regardless. Am I right in thinking that Celtic have dropped points before playing us every game the last two seasons? It's certainly happened 3 or 4 times.

Hopefully if Hartley rotates the squad then the players try to take their opportunity. Realistically I can't see him resting too many players. It'll probably be O'Dea and Stewart on the bench and he'll take Hemmings/ Harkins off after 60mins. Im probably in the minority who would be happy to see Kerr, Gadz, Low, Arturo and Wighton all start though. Pumping Rangers out the cup has to be top priority.

Archived