27/2/16 Predictions

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon we'd be dog turd at predictions. Has anyone even got 5/5 outcomes right? Probably not.

There's that whole 'Wisdom of Crowds' thing that claims that, if you collect guesses from a group of people, the answer will become closer to the truth as the sample size increases.

It's entirely possible that we'd be too shite for that to be relevant, however :P

Just a hunch mate, you haven't had a stinker in a wee while. Thought the same before wee Kev O'Hara ran your lot into the ground at TFS.

P.s I'm really sorry for calling you Martin, I didn't realise it was a touchy subject, hope you are okay.

We drew 1-1 with Alloa two weeks ago

There's that whole 'Wisdom of Crowds' thing that claims that, if you collect guesses from a group of people, the answer will become closer to the truth as the sample size increases.

A few years back I had a certain involvement with a Finnish software company punting this 'intelligence of crowds' shite. They had a software product and some consultancy that they claimed was superior to Survey Monkey and was designed to prove the superiority of group intelligence.

The BRALT is testament to just how wrong the notion is.

We drew 1-1 with Alloa two weeks ago

You didn't play particularly badly in that one though. 'Cept for Waghorn.

A few years back I had a certain involvement with a Finnish software company punting this 'intelligence of crowds' shite. The BRALT is testament to just how wrong the notion is.

Did you use the BRALT as a case study? :lol:

Archived