DUNIPACE JUNIORS

MrAnoymous

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish Dunipace all the best. Great club and great history, won't be long until they are back on the rise if it's not happening already.

It's hard to find volunteers to provide all these updates and keep on top of social media. 

Dunipace like most other clubs in the Juniors are falling victim to diminishing crowds, lack of funding, lack of volunteers etc etc the list goes on.

I don't know all the answers but what I do know is that the juniors are going stagnant. I've played at this level for nearly 20 years and I would still welcome summer football or Friday night games if funding support for floodlights can be provided.  Some initiative required I feel.

• 2 months later...

Very disappointing stuff on Saturday. First time I'd ever been to Edinburgh United and I ended up walking 7.6 miles, still at least I now know where it is - somewhere between South Queensferry and Hawick being my rough guess.

Edinburgh played 2 balls over the top in the first couple of minutes and the keeper had to be on his toes to stop the attacks, the defence didn't pay attention though as the third time United launched it over the top they scored - the attacker left in acres of space to draw the keeper and slot it home, although when the ball was played he looked to be a couple of yards offside to me.

Second goal saw two United players line up at the back post to knock in a cross/shot that had eluded everyone else. Far too easy for the attackers to get the ball into the box as the defence was posted missing. I said at the game when it went to 2-0 that the problem was the Pace defence, or lack of. Time after time United were getting through the backline but thankfully didn't have their shooting boots on, Number 7 missing an absolute sitter from about 4 yards. Pace need to tighten up at the back if they want to move up the league.

Nasty clash of heads before half time which saw both players stay inside at the oranges, the Pace player has a fractured cheekbone and 10 stitches and the United player was saying he had 2 stitches. It was a couple of yards away from the Pace dugout and from the other side of the park it looked very nasty. Top of the head to cheek, OUCH!

Second half and Pace came into it a bit more but still second best. The Pace goal was from a corner that saw the effort hit the bar and then drop down to the waiting Pace player to knock in, prior to this the home keeper had tipped one onto the bar.

Sadly the hopes of a comeback were dashed a couple of minutes later when United when up the park and put another one away. Cant argue that the better team on the day won, aside from the goals they had plenty of chances and Pace spent a lot of time huffing and puffing in pursuit of the ball.

• 1 month later...

Could someone say what's going on at the club?.Im not talking about results,that's the least worrying thing.The club seems to have be in a state of decline for a couple of seasons and that doesn't look like changing in the near future.There people in the town willing to help,but is the door open to them?.

Again Pricey, seriously?

Given you know EVERYONE in a committee position at the club and live within a couple of miles of all of them (and the park itself), how about going and asking the question sensibly in person rather than continually trying to ask it on a public forum like anyone sensible would tell you anything important on here?

To be fair, given your habit of troublemaking publicly, you've already shown you probably shouldn't be trusted with information anyway, so if it were me I'd probably tell you to do one.

You make your bed and all that...

Pretty self explanatory I would have thought.

Given you're so keen, consistently, to play this or any other disagreement out online, rather than with the people you already know can answer your questions in person, there would have to be be a high probability that any information given would be used in this forum or social media to further whatever petty agenda you have at any given time, or just for your own point scoring/amusement if for whatever reason you (or anyone close to you with whom it was shared) decided that day you didn't agree with something.

You've very much backed yourself into that corner by your actions, no one else. As I said, you make your bed you need to lie in it.

I'm afraid, as far as I'd be concerned, until you proved I could trust you, you'd get nadda.

That said, I'm nothing to do with nor do I speak for Dunipace, just a fan, so maybe if you went about it in the right way those who are might still answer whatever questions you have.

Given your recent history though, they'd be taking a chance with anything sensitive, in my opinion.

Well said Gaz, this is a man who likes to think he has all the answers when the most important thing is that he is a Denny man ridiculing and asking stupid questions. Pot Kettle Black Come on Pricey get aff your a--e and help your local club. Are you not the man who left the club to follow your pal Danny to Linlithgow and see where that left you  Traitor

Signings?
Departures?
Squad?.
Season ticket prices?
Date of AGM?.
Anything of interest if AGM took place?
Office bearers and comittee for forth coming season?
Update on funding for ground redevelopment?
Sponsorship opportunities for forthcoming season?

Of the nine questions I asked earlier in the season,tell me one that is stupid outrageous?.

Meiklebin,the offer of help has been on the table since last season.

Of the nine questions I asked earlier in the season,tell me one that is stupid outrageous?.

Go down to the club on Saturday, speak to the committee and you can find out for yourself

All of them are stupid when asked on a public Internet forum rather than to the people you know could answer them directly face to face. You know who they are, where they stay, where the park is and you're about 5 minutes from all of it.

This isn't rocket science.

If I want to know how much an apple costs in Tesco, I don't post it on a feckin random shopping forum on the Internet then get my panties in a bunch when Tesco don't answer, I go to tesco and ask the right feckin people.

Unless of course it's not the answer to the questions I'm actually interested in, it's making people think there's a problem that's more important to me.

#not-very-good-at-this-trolling-lark

No trolling.It would appear here that its taboo to have an opinion in this thread that question the state of the club.So safe in the knowledge that it's in safe hands I'm out.
Gary,the very best of luck to yourself and the guys at the Colts.Craig and James have done a fantastic job over the last year and a half.So good luck for the rest of your season.

All of them are stupid when asked on a public Internet forum rather than to the people you know could answer them directly face to face. You know who they are, where they stay, where the park is and you're about 5 minutes from all of it.

This isn't rocket science.

If I want to know how much an apple costs in Tesco, I don't post it on a feckin random shopping forum on the Internet then get my panties in a bunch when Tesco don't answer, I go to tesco and ask the right feckin people.

Unless of course it's not the answer to the questions I'm actually interested in, it's making people think there's a problem that's more important to me.

#not-very-good-at-this-trolling-lark

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Spot on Gary!!

Don't be daft, you are as entitled to your opinion as any of the rest of us are to counter that opinion with ours.

Unless you mean you want to be able to put your opinion out in the wild with no-one allowed to scrutinise it, which is both a little hypocritical and not how the Internet works.

Craig and James are indeed doing really well at the Colts and I'm happy to be able to help them out with that.

Incidentally, wasn't one of your previous opinions (or one that you backed at least) on social media) that the five year stability they had brought to the Pace wasn't good enough and they should leave, which they did? Think I said at the time that opinion was flawed as well, which both their success and the Paces troubles since would back.

FWIW I've seen a few games recently and I think club are heading in the right direction with the right people involved. Sure, every junior club could use more help, but the guys in charge are the right ones in my opinion.

Gaffer also seems a good guy, has found some good young players, just missing a little bit of experience at times but that comes with games.

I think, from what I've seen, they will hold their own this season with a fit squad (a team worth of injuries at present) and if the group sticks together they will be better for it. Also saw a young lad from the youth setup score his first goal in a recent friendly, which is also encouraging.

It's not quite the doom and gloom that this thread sometimes suggests.

That's my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Great to see Dunipace starting to turn there season around now, im watching from afar, follow my own team up in the north region, but Dunipace is always one of the first results i look for, Mr Prez is one of my greatest friends in Junior Football, total gent of a guy, and if anyone deserves success in junior fitba its him, hope to get down to watch a game very soon and meet up with some of you guys! All the best for the rest of the season!! Mon the Pace 

Archived