Frightened Rabbit

Miguel Sanchez

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2018/may/11/frightened-rabbit-scott-hutchison-songwriter-humanity?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet&__twitter_impression=true

Incredible article. Get it read, shared and shared again

First time I seen them was in 2010 when they had two nights in a row at the Barrowlands and I've never forgotten how truly humbled he was to be playing such a venue twice back to back.

Seen them again at Rockness a year later and the last time in 2013 at the Academy. One of my favourite bands that I've probably not appreciated as much as they deserve. Seems like every time you listen, you pick up something new in the lyrics and they clearly struck a chord with so many people.

A good friend of mine lost his brother this way just two weeks ago and I hope I never have to experience that sort of loss.

Rest easy Scott. Can't say I believe in anything after this life but I hope you were able to find your peace at the end

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2018/may/11/frightened-rabbit-scott-hutchison-songwriter-humanity?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet&__twitter_impression=true

Incredible article. Get it read, shared and shared again

First time I seen them was in 2010 when they had two nights in a row at the Barrowlands and I've never forgotten how truly humbled he was to be playing such a venue twice back to back.

Seen them again at Rockness a year later and the last time in 2013 at the Academy. One of my favourite bands that I've probably not appreciated as much as they deserve. Seems like every time you listen, you pick up something new in the lyrics and they clearly struck a chord with so many people.

A good friend of mine lost his brother this way just two weeks ago and I hope I never have to experience that sort of loss.

Rest easy Scott. Can't say I believe in anything after this life but I hope you were able to find your peace at the end

Wholly f**k, that article mate. This is all real and actually happening isn’t it? f**k. Rest easy Scott, you genuinely nice, exceptionally talented man.

Wholly f**k, that article mate. This is all real and actually happening isn’t it? f**k. Rest easy Scott, you genuinely nice, exceptionally talented man.

Every so often, an article comes along that just nails it. Exceptional writing. Here's a VICE one too from a Candaian journo. Nice to know there are still some genuine people out there writing

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_ca/article/3k4zyb/the-magnetism-of-sadness-and-frightened-rabbits-scott-hutchison#click=https://t.co/jhuJjlg1JO

Every so often, an article comes along that just nails it. Exceptional writing. Here's a VICE one too from a Candaian journo. Nice to know there are still some genuine people out there writing

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_ca/article/3k4zyb/the-magnetism-of-sadness-and-frightened-rabbits-scott-hutchison#click=https://t.co/jhuJjlg1JO

Cheers mate. That was difficult to read but a lot of it was what I was thinking but would never be able to write so well.
In no way a brag but a strange but true, I actually know/knew the boy Adam Park who’s tweet/tweeted picture is in the article...younger than me but used to stay just round the corner. Like I say, strange but true

I choked up this morning in the car on the way to work when Poke came on. One thing that is getting to me is that I really hope he knew how much he was loved by his family, friends and fans worldwide, which it doesn't seem apparent he did. Which is utterly devastating to think about.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

Spent the last few days trying to "come to terms" with this. f**k, even saying "come to terms" with the death of someone you didn't know other than sharing in their deepest thoughts through some lyrics seems weird. Never done the whole affected by celebrity death thing but this one resonates not just with me but with people all over the world as evidenced by the outpourings of grief on social media. Thankfully I've not been in the position that some folk have where those lyrics expressed how they were feeling as I can't say I've ever felt that low but they still grab you by the balls and give you that understanding of where some people are in their own heads.

Last saw Scott playing with mastersystem at the art school in Glasgow just less than 2 weeks before he took his last walk and although possibly more subdued than usual nothing even remotely hinting at what was to come. Recent interviews he was talking excitedly about the mini festival they were putting on in Glasgow on 1st June and headlining.

I have no belief in anything after death so I can't say I hope he's in a better place or such like but I do hope that his family and friends can remember all the good times they had with him and also the joy that he brought to so many people and find comfort in that.

He will be very much missed.

I saw Mastersystem twice, they played a free in-store at Monorail in Glasgow the week before the Art School. I met Scott and talked to him after it.

I've had to try very hard to not have Bird is Bored of Flying in my head since Friday.

Very, very sad.  If there is one "silver lining" for me personally, it is that this awful event has meant that my best mates took time yesterday when we were all out to openly talk about their mental health and own personal struggles, whereas in the past this has typically been more stunted which it absolutely never should be.  Always talk to your friends, family (or people in general), they will want to help best they can because they care. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

I've been feeling strangely depressed all weekend and have been utterly caught off guard by my reaction to Scott's passing. I never had the chance to see FR play live and never met Scott but in a small way it feels like i've lost a member of my family. A lot of the tributes written by fans are about how he helped them pull through difficult times and their empathy with his feelings, but I'm lucky in that i've never experienced the desperate lows that his lyrics paint such a darkly beautiful picture of. And yet his lyrics are a large part of what draws me to him. He expresses love, insecurity and hope like no other lyricist I've ever heard.

Who else but Scott Hutchison could write a line like "I was vaccum-packed, shrink wrapped out of air. And the spine collapsed, and the eyes rolled back to stare at my starving brain". Just brilliant.

Such a sad, sad state of affairs. I hope the band can continue in some way. His music and lyrics have to live on. Have to.

Yeah I was unexpectedly hit for six by this as well. Friday was a strange day mulling it over.

It did a feel bit like losing a friend as he was fairly easy to relate to - Scottish, similar age etc and was pretty explicit in his lyrics.

He wore his heart on his sleeve and you were kind of rooting for him.

Songs take on a different context now.

Has anyone heard anything definitive about the first incident show that was meant to be on June 1st? I'm assuming it will be cancelled but it would be nice if they would give the option to forego a ticket refund and give the money to a mental health charity. Even better would be to continue it as a tribute gig but it'll be much, much too soon I'd have thought. 

17 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Has anyone heard anything definitive about the first incident show that was meant to be on June 1st? I'm assuming it will be cancelled but it would be nice if they would give the option to forego a ticket refund and give the money to a mental health charity. Even better would be to continue it as a tribute gig but it'll be much, much too soon I'd have thought. 

Announced today that it is completely cancelled. Think it’s probably too early and still too raw to turn it into a tribute 

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:47, CountyFan said:

https://twitter.com/FRabbits/status/999698855405944832

I'm pleasantly surprised to see it isn't just me who has been affected by his death in a strange way. For a while I thought I was a complete mutant for feeling like I had lost someone close to me. I suppose it says a lot about who he is and the way he made his music. I stupidly declined a free ticket to their last show in Glasgow because I didn't feel comfortable in a gig environment and told myself I'll see them when I'm "better". Sadly that will never come to pass. 

I listened to The Midnight Organ Fight and The Winter of Mixed Drinks back to back last night and felt like I was still picking new things up from the songs.