Love

GrahamJags

Anyone else watched this? New series on Netflix co-written by Judd Apatow. Not the most original of storylines but I'm halfway through it and it's addictive viewing. Gillian Jacobs is a total wid, which hides the fact that the lead guy (played by Paul Rust) is annoying as f**k.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched every episode in 4 days (yes I have a lot of spare time) and loved it. Hadn’t came across Gillian Jacobs before (fnarr) and she was great throughout. I have a lot of similarities to Gus apart from his ridiculous punching ability and I’d love to have a bash at a bird like Mickey. 

Took me quite a few episodes to realise the Aussie (another wid) was called Bertie and not Birdy. American and Australian accents together is confusing. 

We binged all of it this week as well and really enjoyed it. There wasn’t anything particularly new or novel about it, but was very well written and could really invest in the characters. Gillian Jacobs was great too, was a fan of her in Community, but she was even better in this. Shame there’s not going to be any more.

Possibly my favourite non-drama series I've watched on Netflix. Amusing at times, but also with a constant undercurrent of sadness and realism. It just felt like a very authentic portrayal of life. The main concept of love isn't sugar-coated at all. I was definitely rooting for Gus and Mickey, and that was probably because of their numerous flaws.

Archived