Dundee v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, 27/2/16

Watched this game on DFCTV. Strange that you're glad to get a point from a game that you should've won with ease.

Inverness are absolutely brutal, fouling and kicking Stewart and Harkins the whole of the first half, should have at least one guy sent off for kicking out at Stewart on the deck, time wasting in the first half - goalkeeper booked for it. He should have been sent off later for handling outside the box but all in all, Dundee were by far the better team and deserved more the game.

I know Inverness fans will just be worried about the points but really, I would hate to watch my team play in that fashion complete anti-football.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched this game on DFCTV. Strange that you're glad to get a point from a game that you should've won with ease.

Inverness are absolutely brutal, fouling and kicking Stewart and Harkins the whole of the first half, should have at least one guy sent off for kicking out at Stewart on the deck, time wasting in the first half - goalkeeper booked for it. He should have been sent off later for handling outside the box but all in all, Dundee were by far the better team and deserved more the game.

I know Inverness fans will just be worried about the points but really, I would hate to watch my team play in that fashion complete anti-football.

Someone has just made the exact same points on a Sportsound text.

Imagine choosing to live in Dundee. Imagine not seeing your team lift a major trophy in your lifetime. Imagine seeing your team go into administration on multiple occasions. Imagine only having seen your team beat the famous Inverness Caledonian Thistle once in the last 16 (Sixteen) attempts. Imagine seeing your team managed by a man who has a stupidly chubby face.

Luckily, I will never live this nightmare.

Imagine having shite banter...

Imagine choosing to live in Dundee. Imagine not seeing your team lift a major trophy in your lifetime. Imagine seeing your team go into administration on multiple occasions. Imagine only having seen your team beat the famous Inverness Caledonian Thistle once in the last 16 (Sixteen) attempts. Imagine seeing your team managed by a man who has a stupidly chubby face.

Imagine pumping sheep

Well Yogi Hughes is a big, stupid, jobby bum face.

I'm glad I don't have to go to see ICT every week.

Time wasting after 15 minutes ffs. Cynical fouls all day long with a wee girl as ref who let it go most of the time. Two of them should have been off.

I don't understand it, since for the first fifteen minutes they looked OK with movement and pace.

Mind you it's our fault for not winning.

f**k getting an inverness season ticket.

Fair play to them for getting the point because they do it nearly every time they come to dens and get something out of it but again f**k getting an inverness season ticket. Awful football team, good rugby team.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said but I think you're being harsh on Loy when he's being shunted onto the left. Fair enough he's obviously not going to displace Hemmings with his form but he's out of position and I can't imagine it's helping his confidence

I totally agree that Loy is being played out of position, so you can't judge his performances. Only saying I think Wighton looks a little bit more comfortable in the role. He played there for the Scotland youth teams and might be a better option there.

How in the name of Vince cunting Mennie was the ICT goalie not penalised for obstruction, at least I don't think he handled the ball tbf, when he was out of the box?

Did the the ref, more assistant ref tbf, also, think Gowser trod on an anti personnel mine, when he was scythed down in the box?

If PH did catch the ball, in the field of play. Why was it not a free kick and PH reprimanded?

When I said he, ref, had ingings. I was meaning wee silverskin doused in vinegar ingings, of course.

Just unlucky today coupled with incompetent officials. On another day we would have buried this shower of shite. Its great that we can just take their best players as well. f**k them and the dimwit manager. Thank you.

No wonder no c**t goes to watch ict

Enough to make your eyes bleed but no doubt yogi will be saying they tried to get the ball down and play football.

Was the ref Dallas? He shouldn't be refereeing Sunday league c**t is an absolute idiot

Inverness are an utter disgrace to football.

I am disgusted.

Inverness deserves nothing out of that. Set up to kick lumps out of our side and hope that they'd get a lucky goal. A team and town like that don't deserve to be playing top flight football. Abysmal.

Collective heads gone.

I'm about to slate f**k out of Caley here so I'll try and start on a positive.

First 15 mins they played us off the park. Dominated the ball, bullied us whilst playing football, passing was crisp and accurate, movement very good and a well taken goal.

Why the f**k did they change and start time wasting when they went 1-0 up? If they had carried on that way they would have gave us 3 or 4.

They saw out the rest of the first half cynically but comfortably.

First half talking points.

1. Tremarco has to go. The foul was a booking anyway, he then kicks Greg, before grabbing his head and throwing him over. Why the f**k was Greg even booked? Disgraceful refereeing which set the tone.

2. Warren looked like he saved the ball in the box first half - I was screaming for a pen at the time. He threw himself to the floor to block a low cross but stopped it with his hand. Ref shat it unsurprisingly.

3. Roberts led with the elbow/arm on Julen and Gowser in the first half. Julen one could have been a red on its own but at least a booking, less of a view of the Gowser one tbf but at least a booking.

4. Ref let a number of professional fouls go before finally getting his book out. Caley still got 4 or 5 men booked in the first half. They were clearly targeting Harkins, Stewart and Hemmings. Glad the radio picked this up.

5. Never in my life have I seen a goalkeeper booked for time wasting in the first half - an absolute minter for him, his team, manager and city.

Second half talking points.

1. Keeper handles outside the box - straight red - not even a free kick. Minter.

2. Gowser nailed. Penalty - not given, minter.

3. Keeper continued time wasting at every opportunity - don't blame him - ref was never going to dismiss him for it.

Overall probably the worst refereeing display I've ever seen. I don't often go in on refs but he deserves every bit of it. Biased to the point of cheating IMO a truly horrendous display and I was actually at the point of accepting you will get this game every once in a while and I can't remember the last time a ref truly fucked us over so was willing to put it behind me.

Thankfully football prevailed. A quality 2nd half and Caley couldn't have complained if we'd won - our front 3 are usually assassins but all had an off day.

As much as he's an utter c**t Fon Williams played very well and kept them in it. Bain never had a save to make.

Been impressed with Caley vs Aberdeen and Celtic so just makes it all the more inexplicable for me seeing them turn out that shite.

Archived