WWE Hall of Fame 2016

JamieStevenson

A thread to celebrate another one of the reasons we love WrestleMania weekend. This event will of course take place the night before the big one, so that'll be Saturday April 2nd. Looking forward to the stories that will be shared on the night.

This is a place to share your thoughts on this year's class and to share your favourite memories of them. I'd also love to hear any opinions on who else you think will be inducted in the 2016 class and who you think should have already been inducted by now.

Hall of Fame Class of 2016:

Joan Lunden, recipient of the Warrior Award (Inducted by Dana Warrior).

Snoop Dogg (Inducted by ??????).

Jaqueline (Inducted by The Dudley Boyz).

The Godfather (Inducted by APA).

Stan Hansen (Inducted by Vader).

Big Boss Man (Inducted by Slick).

The Fabulous Freebirds (Inducted by The New Day).

Sting (Inducted by Ric Flair).

post-34621-0-23206200-1459171556_thumb.jpost-34621-0-07875400-1459206755_thumb.jpost-34621-0-68210100-1457984207_thumb.jpost-34621-0-73373500-1457984593_thumb.jpost-34621-0-20900800-1458607162_thumb.jpost-34621-0-58725700-1457399442_thumb.jpost-34621-0-68093400-1456785700_thumb.jpost-34621-0-68649200-1457984220_thumb.j

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine Taker will get it either prior to his retirement match (if he ends up retiring at Wrestlemania, and it's publicised beforehand) or the very next ceremony after it. It would mean so much more at that point I feel.

Daniel Bryan is an outside shot. He might not have had a long career with WWE, but he has in wrestling, and he was involved in one of the huge moments of the past few years. Of course, as is always the case, there's some absolute shite in there that don't deserve it as much as he would, and a lot of omissions that would deserve it far more.

Will Godfather be bringing his hoes?

I have a feeling that this isn't Taker's last year. Surely they'd have heavily hyped that already, that'd have brought in some mega-buy rates.

There was a fantasy booking video on Youtube that had a heel-ish Reigns facing Taker (obviously not happening now). Before the match it's heavily rumoured that Taker faces Cena in his final Wrestlemania match at 33. Some point during the build they make the match a Taker Retires if he Loses match, but of course there's that Cena match. Reigns beats Taker, and beats him down post-match, cementing a huge heel turn, Taker retires.

While that would be something to see, and I could actually see them sneaking in a retirement that way, I think they will go down the route of building up to a final huge match, possibly in a similar manner to Cena/Rock. Possibly a Hall of Fame induction as part of that.

Was really creeped out by Papa Shango as a kid watching wrestling. He was shite but had that fear factor that only few wrestlers at that time had.

Aye me too with his voodoo and smoke and that. Mind he made the ultimate warrior no well by putting a curse on him?

Daniel Bryan is a certainty to go in at some point but don't know if they'll do it this year. I thought they might actually put JBL in because it's in Texas but I don't think they'd have him inducting someone else if he's a inductee himself.

Hard to put JBL in Hall of Fame when he's already in it.

Having not watched that era in much detail, my three memories of the Bossman are dragging Big Show's Father's coffin from his truck with Big Show coffin-surfing behind (actually, given how cut up Show was about his father on the Stone Cold podcast, that segment seems even more misguided); him being hanged in Hell in a Cell, and the kennel from hell match.  Three shining examples right there.

Seems like the announcement is universally positive though.

Archived