Airdrie v Ayr

Airdrie seem to be very inconsistent at the moment, 2 good wins against the fife sides, followed by a defeat at Stenny and a draw against Stranraer. Saying that, we've been quite inconsistent this year thus far.

Gilmour will be back from suspension, no idea how Adams and Doc are getting on, but I would assume they won't be risked on Airdries pitch. Can't drop Wadrope either, he had another very good game. Trouten after coming on last night had his best game for ages. We really need another striker though, last nights bench highlighted the release of Caldwell to be very strange.

Fleming

Devlin Graham Murphy Boyle

Wadrope Stevenson

Forrest Gilmour

Preston Moore

Subs: Newman, Muir, McLauchlan, Donald, Crawford, Trouten, McKenzie

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Donald looked like the best player for us last night. Think it'd be harsh to drop him after that.

I agree with you there (check out that new honest page, he's getting slated!) however away from home I just feel Gilly gives you that extra bit of insurance defensively, however if Donald was to start i'd have no complaints.

Sounds like we should expect Docherty to be in the squad, possibly Adams. A full squad to choose from for the Brechin game apparently ???? I'm sure when we receive the team news next Friday that Docherty will be out though haha.

Fleming

Devlin

Murphy

Graham

Boyle

Forrest

Wardrope

Gilmour

Donald

Stevenson

Moore

Sounds like we should expect Docherty to be in the squad, possibly Adams. A full squad to choose from for the Brechin game apparently I'm sure when we receive the team news next Friday that Docherty will be out though haha.

Fleming

Devlin

Murphy

Graham

Boyle

Forrest

Wardrope

Gilmour

Donald

Stevenson

Moore

Completely agree with this team. Preston wasn't at his best yesterday and playing Stevo up front gave us a bit more of a physical presence. Perhaps dropping Preston would get him back to his best.

No chance Gilmour should walk straight back into the side. At least Donald gives us a bit of width in the team which is something I think we sorely lack.

Wardrope & Docherty/Adams if fit with Donald, Stevenson & Forrest behind either Moore or Preston for me.

My favourite fixture bar killie.. This junior boss has given us no clue as to what to expect from the demons.. Our first objective is to keep 11 men on the park. The rest will take care of itself in my opinion, we are a team just now, you can see it but other teams still fancy it is against us. We're a long bit away from scary but we are doing it in the right manner and that to me is the most important thing... Even above winning. I'd never stick a penny on us against airdrie though ever...Still in pain from butler scoring that overhead kick in so much injury time that I missed the start of blind date

No chance Gilmour should walk straight back into the side. At least Donald gives us a bit of width in the team which is something I think we sorely lack.

Wardrope & Docherty/Adams if fit with Donald, Stevenson & Forrest behind either Moore or Preston for me.

McCall said that he won't risk Adams on a pitch that it's easy to get injured on. Gilly has been one of our best players this season and your saying he shouldn't walk into the team. Would be stupid to leave him out.

I would move stevo up top and maybe drop Preston, didn't think he did a lot yesterday and stevo was much better looking when he played up front for the last 20 minutes or so.

If gilmour is back i would play him alongside wardrope in midfield.

McCall said that he won't risk Adams on a pitch that it's easy to get injured on. Gilly has been one of our best players this season and your saying he shouldn't walk into the team. Would be stupid to leave him out.

I'm all over this. Gilly is my player of the season despite him costing us the Dunfermline game and being a fucking injury concern

I'm all over this. Gilly is my player of the season despite him costing us the Dunfermline game and being a fucking injury concern

He's had one injury this season that was unfortunate.

I was raging with him last week, but it was more down to reaction than intentional handball imo.

Archived