Donald Love Manchester United

Guest DAVIDB69

Guest DAVIDB69

I assume with the way the Scotland selection policy tends to work I assume he will be straight in the full squad for the friendlies as he has had a couple of games for man united now.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Born in England, live there all his life?

If someone is born in England to Scottish parents, can that person consider themselves Scottish? Yes, imo.

I don't know this players background but just because he hasn't lived in Scotland doesn't mean he can't be Scottish or at least see himself as Scottish.

If someone is born in England to Scottish parents, can that person consider themselves Scottish? Yes, imo.

I don't know this players background but just because he hasn't lived in Scotland doesn't mean he can't be Scottish or at least see himself as Scottish.

His Granny is Scottish that's it.

His Granny is Scottish that's it.

As someone with grandparents of a different nationality I can understand why he would be happy to play for us and feel a connection, even if he considers himself to be English. No problem with that rule.

Funny feeling he might turn out to be poor but he's played first team football at a bigger club and higher level than anyone else we have that age.

As someone with grandparents of a different nationality I can understand why he would be happy to play for us and feel a connection, even if he considers himself to be English. No problem with that rule.

Funny feeling he might turn out to be poor but he's played first team football at a bigger club and higher level than anyone else we have that age.

I had Italian grandparents and wouldn't even consider myself even part Italian.

No idea what his reasons are and fair play but he's as English as they come as I said in my post.

Couldn't care less if it's his parent/grandparent that's Scottish. If he's eligible and keen to play for Scotland then let's have a look at him.

As for the 'played a few games for Man U and gets in the Scotland squad' - fair enough. Worked with D Fletcher and with Jonny Evans for NI. Might not work for Love, but we're in a place where we need to try out replacements.

Archived