Worst TV Pundits/Commentators

thelocalcat

Fcuk me, where do you start? Easier to name one or two that I like.

Jamie Redknapp - vanilla personified.

Chris Sutton - I'm controversial me. No you're not, you're a bellend.

Robbie Barstard Savage - no explanation necessary.

The utterly unintelligible Jamie Carragher - clichés in a thick accent.

....and Liam McLeod, purely for having a voice redolent of a man being chased by a pack of starving hounds.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Gary Birtles - ''In my day'', YER DA fucking bore.

Jim Beglin - thankfully never hear him much if at all these days. A negative bore.

Liam McLeod - just awful! That BBC Jock accent is awful. High pitched, squealing.

Mickey Thomas/Barry Horne - aren't they same? Don't mind the Welsh, but hearing these two over the past few years made me quite happy that they fucked up their qualifying campaign.

David Currie - leave the crappy jokes for the comedians at the Fringe please. Get on with the scores.

1) David Pleat - "I knew the lad from a young age, lovely parents. I actually got him his move to XYZ" 

2) Dean Saunders - "I don't know why Liverpool don't just go and sign Kane" this bloke seems to be on a lot at the moment, talking absolute shite most of the time. 

3) Chris Sutton - New to the scene, but by f**k he irritates me. Seems to like going against the grain to appear to be a bit edgy. Just a complete twat. 

4) Alan Green - Racist nob 

5) Derek Ferguson - Just shouts a lot, doesn't make much sense. 

ETA 

Mickey Quinn is also on my list, and Alan Brazil. Fucking loads to be honest.

• 1 month later...

Chris Sutton - Couldn't stand him as a player and less so as a pundit

Clive Tyldesley - According to him England are going to win the world cup every time they string 2 passes together

Garth Crooks - Clueless and painful to look at

Derek Johnstone - replace England and World Cup in the Clive Tyldesley description with Rangers and everything!!!!

Jonathan Pierce - Stick to Robot Wars mate

Haven't managed a full list but Mark Lawrenson, during World Cups, always refers to England as 'us' and 'we'.  He was capped 39 times for Ireland...

Pat Bonner is also a moron.  A Celtic-fanatic with a microphone whose club impacts every aspect of his life.  He strikes me as the type who'd paint his entire house green and white.

Gerry Armstrong - especially recently when everytime he agrees with a refereeing decision its all this "its a shame we didn't have that referee for our world cup play off game" bitterness. The Madrid derby a couple of weeks ago was a shite game but he was him rather than the football that made me want to turn it off every 5 mins. 

Adrian Chiles - him trying to take the piss out Martin O'Neill at WC2014 and getting put firmly in his place will live with me forever. 

Would agree with most of the other shouts but not Sutton. I think he's hilarious. Roasting Derek Johnstone on a phone in a few months ago being a particular highlight.

• 1 month later...
Chris Sutton - Couldn't stand him as a player and less so as a pundit
Clive Tyldesley - According to him England are going to win the world cup every time they string 2 passes together
Garth Crooks - Clueless and painful to look at
Derek Johnstone - replace England and World Cup in the Clive Tyldesley description with Rangers and everything!!!!
Jonathan Pierce - Stick to Robot Wars mate

Agree about Chris Sutton can't stand him. Turn down sound when he is on. Obnoxious self centred twat!

• 5 months later...

Archived