Modern shite patter

Hampden Diehard

People who bang on about the sesh on Twitter like they are some walking hybrid of gazza , George best and Tony Montana . Then the cringey ones who give it "this isnae a sesh , this is blah blah blah" f**k up ya utter tit , half the time it's posted by wee guys or lassies who look like they would struggle to to cope with a blue wkd and a Mayfair . Usually the patter adopted by someone who is never actually invited to any sort of "sesh" but kind of invites themselves as they know someone who know someone and sits there taking pictures of every can they have whilst there 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The art of drinking heavily has indeed been devalued in the last ten or so years.

I blame the success of the govts anti alcohol drive. Wanks.

I think it's just the way people on social media brag about it it like it is some new phenomenon . f**k sake our da's , grandas and great grandas were up to the same stuff in their younger days aswell . If am out on an all weekender , I always think the less social media knows the better , nothing worse than waking up on a sunday or Monday afterwards and seeing all sort of pish all over Facebook to add to the already overpowering feeling of despair :lol:

Edited by Forever_blueco

Anyone who has ever used the word "lush" to describe anything but a field of grass deserves to be shot. Twice if they added 'well' to the front of it.
So I shouldn't describe myself or yourself as a lush when I'ved/you'ved drank too much, too often?

14 minutes ago, Eednud said:
21 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
Anyone who has ever used the word "lush" to describe anything but a field of grass deserves to be shot. Twice if they added 'well' to the front of it.

So I shouldn't describe myself or yourself as a lush when I'ved/you'ved drank too much, too often?

Never heard of this in my life

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 23:05, JakeSAFC said:

Nah you see pure Yanks saying "it was so lit emoji91.pngemoji817.pngemoji817.png"

Make me physically sick either way.

Pretty sure it's 2 different things, the americans say lit as in something is on fire.. scottish people say lit cos they're too lazy to say like. Both irritating though.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 21:51, JakeSAFC said:

Why do people say lit instead of like?

You're no American.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 22:36, mattyaccies said:

Even Americans don't say lit it's only scottish people...emoji17.png

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 23:05, JakeSAFC said:

Nah you see pure Yanks saying "it was so lit emoji91.pngemoji817.pngemoji817.png"

Make me physically sick either way.

That's two completely different things. The American, Kardashiany/Jennery one you speak of is lit, as in "on fire". Nothing to do with the word like at all.

The West Coast of Scotland, is just "like" spelt as it's pronounced by scheme-goblins, as in "She said ah wiz grounded, an ah wiz lit "piss aff maw"

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

See when you get people saying lit over on this coast. Cringey beyond belief. Atleast the weegies sort of sound like they're saying lit when they say like sometimes.

Something I have always noticed when usually failing miserably at chatting up student birds in Glasgow pubs and clubs  , they all either tend to have that terrible Glasgow uni accent or are desperately trying to sound like some bird born and raised in drumchapel but failing miserably due to the fact they are actually probably from Skye or such places and just throwing "pure" In there every now and then :lol:

Edited by Forever_blueco

trying to sound like some bird born and raised in drumchapel but failing miserably due to the fact they are actually probably from Skye or such places and just throwing "pure" In there every now and then :lol:

A girl I was riding for a while moved from Laurencekirk to Glasgow for uni and started this pish, it's fair to say she was swiftly punted.

That's two completely different things. The American, Kardashiany/Jennery one you speak of is lit, as in "on fire". Nothing to do with the word like at all.
The West Coast of Scotland, is just "like" spelt as it's pronounced by scheme-goblins, as in "She said ah wiz grounded, an ah wiz lit "piss aff maw"

Both piss me off greatly and both should be put in the bin.

On 17/12/2016 at 12:37, accies1874 said:

"Scottish Twitter". It's just fucking awful.

Yes, and whilst we are at, anything regional.

The Swansea pish with Bradley getting sacked. "He didn't understand the game", "the pride of being Welsh'', etc. WTF!

Same with ''gritty Northern ....'' or Newcastle fans being brilliant cos they are fat, bald and from Newcastle. How are they any different from Pompey fans?

All bollocks.