Modern shite patter

Hampden Diehard

Guest ICTFCwife
On 12/02/2016 at 18:29, CM. said:

Explaining something good as "sick"

Yer maw

I’ve been down in London for work recently and if I had a pound for everyone I heard “sick” or “innit”I’d be a millionaire by now 

Edited by ICTFCwife

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 17/09/2023 at 16:49, Miguel Sanchez said:

Once again

"Not gonna lie"

I didn't think you were. Now I do think you're dishonest. Stop being so insecure about sharing an opinion on something. People over the age of 13 actually say this unironically. I don't know if they're allowed out the house on their own.

Not gonna lie, I personally think that's a non-issue.

"that's cap",

literally any roadman-esque language ("blud", "fam", etc.) being used outwith London,

and "wassup (my) G?" are up top, however.

Also, the dependence on TikTok trends for humour is quite depressing. Comedy is running out imo.

17 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Not gonna lie, I personally think that's a non-issue.

"that's cap",

literally any roadman-esque language ("blud", "fam", etc.) being used outwith London,

and "wassup (my) G?" are up top, however.

Also, the dependence on TikTok trends for humour is quite depressing. Comedy is running out imo.

I'll give you a pass but I generally find the term "roadman" hilarious. 

You've got more chance of posh kids calling people blud and fam as opposed to actual "roadmen".

Like people that emulate that patter legitimately think "roadmen" speak like this guy..

Edited by RuMoore

23 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I'll give you a pass but I generally find the term "roadman" hilarious. 

You've got more chance of posh kids calling people blud and fam as opposed to actual "roadmen".

Like people that emulate that patter legitimately think "roadmen" speak like this guy..

Aye, that's what everyone seems to think they are like. Didn't really know what to call it.

What are they called, actually.?

''Wannabe Roadmen''?

"Roadman't"?

"f*ds"?

On 17/09/2023 at 16:49, Miguel Sanchez said:

Once again

"Not gonna lie"

I didn't think you were. Now I do think you're dishonest. Stop being so insecure about sharing an opinion on something. People over the age of 13 actually say this unironically. I don't know if they're allowed out the house on their own.

I had a mini heid's gone watching a series set in WW2 when one of the characters started a briefing with "not gonna lie". Utter pish.

• 4 weeks later...