Modern shite patter

Hampden Diehard

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've noticed 'salty' seems to be catching on lately. First time I heard it was when a Californian told me that it might get a bit salty when he was tattooing my chest, so I assume it means painful, in some way?

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

saltnpepper. It's salt and pepper fuckwit.

Salt-N-Pepa, FFS. You're as bad as each other.

Well, I doubt you think terms for homosexuality or transgenderism are modern, or that they annoy you in any way, but apart from that...

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've noticed 'salty' seems to be catching on lately. First time I heard it was when a Californian told me that it might get a bit salty when he was tattooing my chest, so I assume it means painful, in some way?

Salty definitely means 'bitter', and is usually used on the internet to describe someone who gets mad.

The American guy probably used it like 'pouring salt in the wound' or something.

6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

He could be using it in the traditional "salty language" sense, as in you screaming "FUCK THAT HURTS YOU CUNT!"

11 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Referring to females as "birds"..

I would have thought the thread referred to patter that was conceived in modern times. Although 'birds' is still used today, it's been about for decades. 

On 2017-7-1 at 08:19, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Salt-N-Pepa, FFS. You're as bad as each other.

Well, I doubt you think terms for homosexuality or transgenderism are modern, or that they annoy you in any way, but apart from that...

Keep pushing it.

• 2 weeks later...