General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Is there any difference in calling it Tory or Westminster. For the majority of my life it's been Tory, red Tory, Tory with Lib Dem bitches or Tory again.
Why get hung up on semantics rather than answering the question?
Who is to blame and how do we  improve poverty levels. Is it even possible?

Aye your right.

Tories for me.
Everything always seems to be worse under that lot.

16 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

That doesn't really explain anything. I'd want to know what figures they're using.

The ONS ones.

I assume the ONS are taking all the indirect taxation into account which would explain it better.

It would also be the best way of looking at it.

Some indirect taxation is discretionary but by no means all of it. If you're poor, you can choose to avoid tax on alcohol and tobacco for instance. You can't choose to avoid the tax on heating your house. 

I assume the Office of National Statistics have chosen figures that are comparable rather than just random ones for shits and giggles.

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

The ONS ones.

It would also be the best way of looking at it.

I assume the Office of National Statistics have chosen figures that are comparable rather than just random ones for shits and giggles.

Are you always this facetious?

If you're having to make assumptions then the tweet didn't explain it that well. I'd like to know some more facts behind the figures. I agree that taking all taxation into account would be the best way of comparing the burden of taxation but I don't know how they came up with their percentages.

It annoys me when two opposing sides use the same facts to back up their positions when it can't possibly be the case. The Tories like to plug away with their mantra that the richest pay the largest portion of the tax burden but are very selective using just income tax.

I'm like Joe Friday. I just want the facts. 

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

Are you always this facetious?

If you're having to make assumptions then the tweet didn't explain it that well.

You appear to be the only person on this thread or anyone else who has an issue with a fairly straightforward point; that seems instructive as to who has the problem here and it definitely isn't the ONS.

I was just surprised to see [mention=72454]Jmothecat2[/mention] saying that he was joking when he said the SNP were responsible for the increasing poverty.

I'm not saying they are completely free of responsibility but I would say the problems largely stem from the Tories.

That's Corbyn sacked Owen Smith for calling for a 2nd EU referendum.
He really is an insufferable c*nt.

Yep. Absolutely terrible decision. Ironically the SNP are now the biggest party representing Britain's best interests. This is going to be catastrophic to working class people in particular and Labour are allowing it to happen. An utterly disgusting party allowing those who they are supposed to represent to needlessly suffer so their ideology can survive.

22 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

More hot water for Corbyn.

IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg

Pretty indefensible stuff tbh. Anti-Semitism is such a weirdly discussed issue in Britain with this Count Dankula stuff being an example of that. 

2 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

That's Corbyn sacked Owen Smith for calling for a 2nd EU referendum.

He really is an insufferable c*nt.

Mind when the UK nats used to condemn the SNP as a “cult” that didn’t allow for disagreement with the leadership? Looks like Dear Leader Corbyn seems to have taken the mantle of Britain’s personality cult party.

Edited by Antlion