General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Zing. I'm sure your worry over your inability to slag off Muslims is of more concern than the restricting of their civil rights, the spread of programs like Prevent and their targeting by Islamophobic hate groups like the EDL and Britain First.

IMG_1053.jpg

Just now, welshbairn said:

It was clearly stated by them on C4 News how they set up companies to avoid being linked.

That's my point. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

What's the alternative? Putin style?

I may have been a little hasty earlier.

I'd like to reaffirm my allegiance to this country's democracy and its human prime minister. It may not be perfect but it's still the best government we have. For now... 

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

That's my point. 

I may have been a little hasty earlier.

I'd like to reaffirm my allegiance to this country's democracy and its human prime minister. It may not be perfect but it's still the best government we have. For now... 

Sorry, misread your meaning. I've informed my MFI handler appropriately and he's cancelled your late night wardrobe delivery.

Doubly so. On the one hand a referendum about something as complex as the EU is fucking stupid. On the other, Remainers have literally zero idea or willingness to understand why people are pissed off enough at them to vote for something like Brexit and trying to overturn it by “proving” it happened via shenanigans is proof positive of that.

I understand clearly that people voting for Brexit are either stupid, racist or both. Does that cover the bases?

I understand clearly that people voting for Brexit are either stupid, racist or both. Does that cover the bases?

Think you could add desperate to that. We’re very lucky that we have an escape route up here from the shitshow that’s been Thatcher and Blair’s brand of politics. f**k knows how I’d feel if I lived in somewhere like Grimsby.

5 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Or perhaps were manipulated into voting against their interests by appeals to their prejudices, that had nothing to do with the issues in the referendum.

Every single one of the arguments put forward to leave were rebutted - the rebuttal just wasn't listened to for whatever reason. Trying to pretend that we woz robbed because of some "troll" Twitter accounts and targetted ads from seemingly dubious means isn't going to cut it. 

The more pressing problem is that people didn't buy the Remain campaign arguments to the same extent and no one has bothered to try and guess why. It couldn't possibly be that people are fed up of these politicians failing them, and chose to reject their arguments and their almost limitless pool of experts backing them up, could it? Too easy to blame the Russians and this data analytics company that seems to have sprung into the headlines from nowhere yesterday (and there are many issues here not just elections). 

I'm not saying they didn't have an impact, but equally they aren't the cause of Brexit much as some keep trying to spin it. 

The EU being complex is a good point. People don't like things they don't understand and so there really was an open goal there to mislead people. Trouble is that politicians have done that since time immortal and the EU referendum was no different  

Poverty and inequality on the rise in Scotland

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-43498345

Who's at fault? The Scottish government, the Westminster government, the poor themselves, the statisticians, or a combination of all. Or something else entirely.

Edited for pedants. Scottish rather than SNP.

The SNP have been the Scottish government for a long time. The Tories are only just in on their own. I didn't post it to have a go at the SNP. You shouldn't take everything as a sleight.

Edited by Suspect Device

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:45, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Information commissioner informs CA that she intends to execute a search warrant on their offices.

Information Commissioner gives CA plenty of time to hide the dead bodies.

Edited by Baxter Parp