General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I would add that mainstream liberalism's capitulation to the far right and their inability to address people's economic grievances is another reason.

The utter shitebaggery of labour too, people thought pre Blair if only we had a labour government things would be good.  Turns out they're a shower of c***s.

The utter shitebaggery of labour too, people thought pre Blair if only we had a labour government things would be good.  Turns out they're a shower of c***s.

Well, exactly. A lot of Remainers don’t grasp with the fact that a lot of people hated Thatcher for decimating their communities but hate Blair more for completely ignoring their existence.

20 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Well, exactly. A lot of Remainers don’t grasp with the fact that a lot of people hated Thatcher for decimating their communities but hate Blair more for completely ignoring their existence.

We agree on something.  He betrayed labours roots, thus fking labour for a generation and shifting the centre ground of British politics to the right.

Hopefully helped break the union too.

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mps-take-13-minutes-to-decide-to-double-the-royal-familys-income-a7607986.html

MPs take 13 minutes to double Royal family income and approve £360m Buckingham Palace refurbishment

Better together.

In these times of austerity, that's a fucking disgrace.

Mark McDonald resigns from the SNP but holds on to his MSP role. With Nicola calling on him to go and seemingly Salmond waiting in the wings, you’ve got to imagine any pressure that can be exerted on him will be.

It’d be quite good for all concerned if he just fucked off tbh.

16 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Mark McDonald resigns from the SNP but holds on to his MSP role. With Nicola calling on him to go and seemingly Salmond waiting in the wings, you’ve got to imagine any pressure that can be exerted on him will be.

It’d be quite good for all concerned if he just fucked off tbh.

Greens, Tories and Labour also saying he should resign.

http://www.thenational.scot/news/16068765.Sturgeon_heaps_pressure_on_McDonald_to_stand_down_as_MSP/

3 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

No surprise there but yes most fair minded people would conclude that he has to go. The unfortunate thing is I don’t think there’s much that can be done to force his hand (other than booing him in the corridors). 

Is there not some "conduct unbecoming" rule or something?

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is there not some "conduct unbecoming" rule or something?

I’m not sure tbh. I was under the impression that for anything substantive to be done, like being stepped down as an MSP, someone would have to bring forward and win legal proceedings. I may be wrong. 

Edit: You beat me to it.

Edited by Londonwell