General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

8 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I can't have been the only one who read this and thought "Never happened".

It wouldn't surprise me if it did, but I also don't believe a word Sarwar says.

It would be shocking if Sarwar was attacked for his colour or his nationality.*

Particularly when you can attack him for just being an arsehole.

*. I don't mind anyone being attacked as being a religious fuckwit so long as we attack all religious fuckwits.  John Mason, you're number's up.

8 hours ago, jupe1407 said:
9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
I can't have been the only one who read this and thought "Never happened".
It wouldn't surprise me if it did, but I also don't believe a word Sarwar says.

Didn't his old man try the same tactic years ago when he was being investigated for being a generally shady as f**k politician?

Yes he did.

1 hour ago, WILLIEA said:

Group leader in South Lanarkshire has been suspended over this.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Labour have suspended their group leader in South Lanarkshire in relation to the Sarwar story, according to Brian Taylor on Reporting Scotland.

I always thought of Lanarkshire as being such a tolerant and enlightened part of Scotland too.  :rolleyes:

https://archive.is/httA8
Ruth Davidson now voters’ front runner to replace Theresa May as she was polled most popular senior Tory
Jesus H fucking Christ.

The problem is the English Voters haven’t seen her flip flop on issues in the same way we have.

Add in the fact that she’s thrown tantrums for not getting her own way is going to make it hilarious.

if she sneaks into a “safe” Somerset seat only to continue being on the receiving end of “Telts” from our SNP MP’s I’ll fucking laugh.

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The problem is the English Voters haven’t seen her flip flop on issues in the same way we have.

Add in the fact that she’s thrown tantrums for not getting her own way is going to make it hilarious.

if she sneaks into a “safe” Somerset seat only to continue being on the receiving end of “Telts” from our SNP MP’s I’ll fucking laugh.

I assume she'd surrender the Edinburgh Central seat if she did slither off. Would be an interesting by election.

16 minutes ago, renton said:

I assume she'd surrender the Edinburgh Central seat if she did slither off. Would be an interesting by election.

I live in Edinburgh Central and it's an eclectic place. Davidson won with only 30% of the vote

The SNP actually vote remained the same at the last election (went slightly up in absolute terms and slightly down in percentage or turnout terms)

The Greens entered the fray for the first time and took 4,664 which would have been enough to swing the whole seat to Labour or the SNP

The Liberal Democrats used to get reasonable numbers here but they were  consigned to  a distant 5th place

https://archive.is/httA8
Ruth Davidson now voters’ front runner to replace Theresa May as she was polled most popular senior Tory
Jesus H fucking Christ.

Everything Davidson does is geared towards that aim. She's a career politician. It'd be funny as f**k if she actually became PM and had to answer questions.

'What's that Mr Barnier? Discussions on trade? Look at me on a buffalo, I'm great so I am!'