General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

On 12/14/2017 at 20:26, invergowrie arab said:

If I'm putting my serious head on then no, the money that will be raised from this isn't the issue.

What is momentous today is a differentiated system of Scottish income tax. Not just tinkering with the rates on each band but an entirely separate system.

^^^^

So much this,the yoons dont give a crap about the higher earners being taxed  a wee bit more or the nurses etc getting a pay rise they only care because we are now different from the rest

30 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

It gets badder... especially if you're a city banker who wants to take the kids skiing. :bairn

Tell me that Money Week article is a spoof.  It would be an absolute kick in the stanes right enough that you knock your c**t in for £300k a year and you're left so fucking potless that you cannae even slide down a hill. 

Alternative reality. 

38 minutes ago, HTG said:

Tell me that Money Week article is a spoof.  It would be an absolute kick in the stanes right enough that you knock your c**t in for £300k a year and you're left so fucking potless that you cannae even slide down a hill. 

Alternative reality. 

I thought this too, but no...

https://moneyweek.com/478619-2/#disqus_thread

In fairness the few comments on the article are giving Merryn Somerset Webb a bit of a hard time.

19 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Nah, I just plan to commute from Newcastle, like Somerset-Webb suggests. 

Now just let me check Google Maps

Screenshot 2017-12-18 at 23.47.17.png

To be fair she just mentioned moving to Newcastle.  Presumably you'd need to get a job there too (on £150k).

26 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Awful lot of people really angry about the Scottish Government bringing in 2000 refugees.

Even seen someone ranting about us having 100,000 homeless we should be helping....

Funny, but when we do 'help our ane', the same whingers froth about it too. Like the BabyBoxes...

Let's compare that to other governmental expenditure...

DRZjG50WAAEjjDe.jpg

f**k the Westminster refurbishment, knock it down and build flats for the Grenfell Tower residents, stick the MPs in the Queen Elizabeth II conference centre and use the savings to build ultra fast train links between Inverness and Falkirk, and Aberdeen, along with vastly speeded up road dualing, and a Space Port at Prestwick, with enough left over for a Moon Travelodge.

Edited by welshbairn