General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

So Maybot wants to raise taxes to pay for the nhs down south.....but it was snpeeeeee bad and they should lower taxes in jockoland,im assuming our press types will be all over this [emoji848]

12 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

So Maybot wants to raise taxes to pay for the nhs down south.....but it was snpeeeeee bad and they should lower taxes in jockoland,im assuming our press types will be all over this emoji848.png

Only the most hardline and/or stupid Tories and Brexiteers will believe or want to believe this bullshit.

I think this will backfire for May; most people will see it for the cynical ploy that it is.

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I remember when there used to be decent UK political satire.
They would have a field day with the current UK politics.

The media is so heavily controlled that it looks like it's all been shut down.
It's a shame.

Frankie Boyle’s New World Order is about the only thing approaching decent political satire and that will appeal to a limited audience.  HIGNFY is crap.

Not a patch on Seth Myers, Steven Colbert and John Oliver.

SAD.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Frankie Boyle’s New World Order is about the only thing approaching decent political satire and that will appeal to a limited audience.  HIGNFY is crap.

SAD.

The Daily Mash TV show has some half decent satire too but not in the league of Brass Eye.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

The Daily Mash TV show has some half decent satire too but not in the league of Brass Eye.

I tried watching the Daily Mash and thought it was awful.  It seemed like it was trying to copy a US format and failing miserably.

In line with most other Holyrood polls. Challenge for the Tories - which I predict 80% of us here on P and B hope they don't step up to - is breaking through the late 20s... probably dependant on how weel Labour do.

Edited by Sunrise

34 minutes ago, Gullane No 4 said:

According to the latest Ashcroft poll.....If they had to choose , 78% of Tory Leave voters would rather leave the EU than continue with the Union.

I saw that too.  Maybe the tactic for Independence is pissing of everyone in the country and then calling for a U.K. wide vote.

I will happily volunteer my services for the first part.

On 18/06/2018 at 08:48, Granny Danger said:

SAD.

Seen Jim Jefferies (think on Comedy Central) a couple of times in the last month, quite enjoying this.