General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

On 19/05/2018 at 18:19, welshbairn said:

There's lots wrong about Wikileaks but it's incredibly useful for quick information so long as you take it with a pinch of salt before checking sources. I thought there would have been a more rigorous arbitration process to weed out the likes of Cross/Kamm. If someone tells a blatant lie about you it's supposed be very difficult to get it removed as you aren't allowed to edit or comment on your own page.

I now have direct and irrefutable evidence of “a powerful man” giving editing direction to #PhilipCross in his role as a @Wikipedia editor. This is going to be huge. #Wikipedia

What’s the story with Tommy Robinson arrest?

Football hooligan who gets into trouble seeking the attention he thrives on.

Says what we are all thinking/afraid to say though.

A centrist coup seems to be underway in Italy where the unelected head of state is refusing to appoint the MS5/Lega's choice of Finance Minister. The new coallition seem determined to trigger a confrontation with the EU over fiscal rules.

I've got a feeling this is the kind of resistance we would see in the UK if Corbyn gained a majority in the house and tried to enact any genuinely progressive policies. 

A strange sentence from the BBC report.

In a rare move, President Sergio Mattarella said he could not appoint the Eurosceptic Paolo Savona, citing concerns by investors

WTF? Investors take precedence over democracy. I suppose we should admire their honesty for once.

7 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

A strange sentence from the BBC report.

WTF? Investors take precedence over democracy. I suppose we should admire their honesty for once.

Markets are gods in the 21st century.

This is only going to lead to more anti EU feeling in Italy and sadly push more people towards Five Star and the Lega. 

There are folk on social media saying Robinson is the 'white Nelson Mandela'. Close to half a million have signed a petition to free him.

The amount of people taken in by this dogwhistling simpleton is genuinely disturbing.

Yaxley-Lennon's supporters are as brainwashed as any religious fundamentalist.

Reading his followers on Twitter panicking that his safety might be compromised inside is absolutely delicious. Personally, I hope he converts to Islam. 

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Reading his followers on Twitter panicking that his safety might be compromised inside is absolutely delicious. Personally, I hope he converts to Islam. 

I hope someone forces him to eat a toley, tbh.

That is glorious. He'll hopefully get a couple of shoeings and come out with a ringpiece the size of a fucking wagon wheel [emoji38]  
An old massive Wagon Wheel or a new, much smaller "the EU ruined them" Wagon Wheel?

3 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Some glorious pickings to be had on Facebook:

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 23.00.36.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 23.00.51.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 23.00.59.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 23.01.17.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 23.02.41.png

Edited by jupe1407