General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Labour have selected Mandy Richards to fight the marginal constituency of Worcester.  She is banned from bringing court actions by the High Court after bringing 14 lawsuits against MI5, MI6, the Metropolitan police, the army, Thames Water, her gas, electricity and broadband suppliers, Royal Mail, Hackney council, her GP and the freeholder of her flat.  Richards can only bring lawsuits with the permission of a judge following the dismissal of her previous lawsuits as "vexatious".  She was an unsuccessful candidate in the 2016 London Assembly elections and sued the returing officer and Progress, the Labour Party group.  During a two day hearing Diane Abbot was called as a witness and said that Richards was a "fantasist".

Richards has also been active on social media questioning the terrorist attacks in Manchester and Westminster last year and also appears to have suggested that there was a conspiracy around the murder of Jo Cox, describing the incident as "conveniently bereft of evidence".

Otherwise sound though eh? 

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Labour have selected Mandy Richards to fight the marginal constituency of Worcester.  She is banned from bringing court actions by the High Court after bringing 14 lawsuits against MI5, MI6, the Metropolitan police, the army, Thames Water, her gas, electricity and broadband suppliers, Royal Mail, Hackney council, her GP and the freeholder of her flat.  Richards can only bring lawsuits with the permission of a judge following the dismissal of her previous lawsuits as "vexatious".  She was an unsuccessful candidate in the 2016 London Assembly elections and sued the returing officer and Progress, the Labour Party group.  During a two day hearing Diane Abbot was called as a witness and said that Richards was a "fantasist".

Richards has also been active on social media questioning the terrorist attacks in Manchester and Westminster last year and also appears to have suggested that there was a conspiracy around the murder of Jo Cox, describing the incident as "conveniently bereft of evidence".

50 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Is she banned from court actions in Scotland? If not, you could be in trouble.

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Is she banned from court actions in Scotland? If not, you could be in trouble.

It's OK.  The intelligence services, Progress, her landlord and Div have all assured me they've got my back.

http://www.holyrood.com/articles/news/uk-government-knew-about-impact-hostile-environment-policy-windrush-generation-years

UK Government knew about impact of hostile environment policy on Windrush generation years ago

Home Office letter shows ministers knew about the wider impact of the so-called “hostile environment” crackdown on illegal immigration in May 2016

Mandy also thinks that Inception style dream manipulation is based on reality and that the death of Joni Sledge was suspicious.

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

I’m calling shenanigans and banter. No-one thinks like this do they?

55 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Mandy also thinks that Inception style dream manipulation is based on reality and that the death of Joni Sledge was suspicious.

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

I’m calling shenanigans and banter. No-one thinks like this do they?

Screw that.  Eight notifications!  That's about a week's worth for me.  

Edit: how many of those are from Mandy, and how many of those are actually figments of our imagination?

Edited by Savage Henry
Comedy value

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Christ, that's a sare yin.

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

I see that wee alt-right weirdo with the Nazi dog was fined today. Should have got the jail tbh.

When I see photographs of these trials it makes me think that those who support the concept of a master race and eugenics would probably not be around today if these things existed.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:29, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The wife and I got lucky and bought a house right before the credit crunch; we'd have no chance now. I love the place, but the main reason I'm so grateful is because we'll be able to leave somewhere for the wean to crash rent-free, if he needs it. He obviously doesn't get the significance of that now, and I don't think the wife quite gets it either but, barring miraculous changes in government policy, it's probably about the best thing we can do for him. You get the impression that rents will be even more crippling for his generation.

So, the current plan is: mortgage paid off by the time the wean's 28, then cark it from heart failure so he can take full advantage. At least half of that seems manageable.

Well if you cark it before the mortgage is paid off, it will be paid off by the insurance(assuming you have it of course).

Everyone's favourite columnist is retiring! David Torrance -

I'll miss every Monday learning how subject x relates to Nicola Sturgeon misreading the national mood etc, as Davey T is want to write in The Herald.

Edited by Sunrise

Made his millions ripping the arse out of Scotland, now off on his private yacht somewhere in the sun. Won't be anywhere near this country though, considering another banking crisis is looming and interest rates are far too low to weather the next storm.

17 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Made his millions ripping the arse out of Scotland, now off on his private yacht somewhere in the sun. Won't be anywhere near this country though, considering another banking crisis is looming and interest rates are far too low to weather the next storm.

Is he loaded then? Presumably not from his Alex Salmond "Biography".