General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The inspectors have been holed up in Damascus since Saturday, all ready to go with UN clearance. The Russians/Syrians are indicating they just might let them visit the site tomorrow. 

The Russians have been saying that British Intelligence staged the attack. The pro regime doctor did not claim that anything was staged, he just had another explanation for the genuine symptoms.

The Russian claim is that the British coordinated with the 'white helmets' to hijack a conventional attack with claims of toxic gas, which is what the doctor said, and also what another doctor told RT the other day. Not saying any of this is true, just that they seem to corroborate each other. Of course it would help if the Russians actually released their 'irrefutable proof' but it seems the norm these days for all sides to claim this without ever producing it.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It's a bit suspicious that they still haven't let the inspectors access the site when they're letting journos wander about the place. Fisk makes it clear that he doesn't know what happened. 

It's a nothing article that, basically he's saying 'I can confirm I don't know what happened'

The opcw will have blood samples and the truth will out ,I predict the Russians will change their narrative from , it never happened to, it was the rebels.

2 minutes ago, Jdog said:

It's a nothing article that, basically he's saying 'I can confirm I don't know what happened'

The opcw will have blood samples and the truth will out ,I predict the Russians will change their narrative from , it never happened to, it was the rebels.

If it was a chemical attack I think there's zero chance they'll find any evidence in Douma, bodies and patients will be hidden and the site scrubbed. There may be people who left on the buses to Idlib who are carrying traces, but the Russians will claim they've been deliberately infected. I doubt we'll ever find out for sure what happened unless a Syrian army or rebel defector squeals. Doubt it will make much difference to the people of Douma if they died suffocating in basements and tunnels after years of bombardment with barrel bombs and artillery shells, or by chemical attack.

4 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I know you're also sceptical of the Douma incident. Did you see this from Robert Fisk in the Independent yesterday?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/syria-chemical-attack-gas-douma-robert-fisk-ghouta-damascus-a8307726.html

Have to say that what the doctor said was what I thought it looked like when the videos came out.

It's a bit suspicious that they still haven't let the inspectors access the site when they're letting journos wander about the place. Fisk makes it clear that he doesn't know what happened. 

It’s as if he’s trying the Saddam Hussein trick of deliberately trying to look like your hiding things from weapons inspectors

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It’s as if he’s trying the Saddam Hussein trick of deliberately trying to look like your hiding things from weapons inspectors

I suspect that Saddam's underlings were too scared to tell him that their remaining WDM's had rotted in the desert, 

27 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

There is something wrong where we set standards for how animals raised for eating should be slaughtered then make exceptions for religious nutters.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There is something wrong where we set standards for how animals raised for eating should be slaughtered then make exceptions for religious nutters.

I don't think there's any evidence that animals suffer more in kosher or Halal abattoirs than others. Having your throat slit with a sharp knife is one of the gentlest ways to go, as Gunther and WTM will testify to.

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The RSPCA think there is and particularly with Kosher

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter

You and the RSPCA are very naive.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/157602-worst-place-youve-ever-worked/&do=findComment&comment=5615169

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

But not surprising from people who think child dick mutilation is an act of worship

6 hours ago, Jdog said:

Israel saying the West's bombing done jack shit...most were shot down.

Even the biased Syrian Observatory says 65 were shot down and that's from rebel sources. Bit of a minter of an attack all round. Trump went full North Korea and said 100% got through.

There is a debate to be had about the ethics of Halal and Kosher food. There is no debate to be had about whether everyone involved in the preparation of Halal food are supporters of ISIS.

The man is a daft racist arsehole.