General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

53 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I wasn't an adult during the 80s-90s so can't say I "experienced" the last Tory government; are the Tories in power basically just a shower of c***s with cunty policies who see how long the public will tolerate them being a shower of c***s with cunty policies?

Tories gonna Tory.  They're just doing what they do.  The very worst among us.

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Do you disagree champ?

Damn.  I thought I was one of the 83,421 members that you had on ignore and hence I could laugh at you without having to engage.  Alas it appears not.

Scotland has an approximate 5.4m citizens of which 4.5m are adults, explain how "most" of these are getting money into their pockets as a result of the SNP budget.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

Damn.  I thought I was one of the 83,421 members that you had on ignore and hence I could laugh at you without having to engage.  Alas it appears not.

Scotland has an approximate 5.4m citizens of which 4.5m are adults, explain how "most" of these are getting money into their pockets as a result of the SNP budget.

More people who pay income tax in Scotland will pay less as a result of the SNP government tax changes.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

I think you soon will be.  Look mate I have no compulsion to indulge a pedantic eank.  You know it's true, I know it's true.  Away and have a word with yourself and perhaps get your hole.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I think you soon will be.  Look mate I have no compulsion to indulge a pedantic eank.  You know it's true, I know it's true.  Away and have a word with yourself and perhaps get your hole.

So "just for accuracy", the substance of your post was wrong? 

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

More people who pay income tax in Scotland will pay less as a result of the SNP government tax changes.

Whilst this is undoubtedly true, claiming that most people are better off is actually a distortion of the truth.  Here was me thinking that it was only Tories that ignored the low paid. ;)

13 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Not more, most.  Which is the key here.

Since pedantry seems to have raised its head, I should have said more will pay less whilst fewer will pay more.

Or something like that.

17 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Is Peppino coming on to Strichener there?

The correct response to the press printing lies is 1) counter the lie and 2) sue them when the lie is something that would cause serious damage to your reputation. 

The press are awful but it's better than having them at the mercy of the government of the day as per Corbyn's threat. I don't think he understands what a free press is at all - it's not about who owns them, it's the freedom to criticise the politicians/government of the day without reprisal for the State. At any rate, no one is forced to read the Telegraph, Mail, Express or the Sun - plenty other papers and media out there. 

The point about social media is an interesting one because I the habits of many of those sites are exactly identical to the mainstream press in terms of fanatic devotion to their cause and the lengths they'll go to.