General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Nick Clegg to get a knighthood.. I guess for services to the Tory party.

Sell out twat.

He needlessly propped up a Tpry government for five years, overseeing billions in cuts, the trebling of tuitionfees, the bedroom tax and the controlled underfunding of the NHS. He's worse than a Tory, at least they are honest about what they are.

Sell out twat.

He needlessly propped up a Tpry government for five years, overseeing billions in cuts, the trebling of tuitionfees, the bedroom tax and the controlled underfunding of the NHS. He's worse than a Tory, at least they are honest about what they are.

Totally dishonest alright, nothing like Tony Blair.

15 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Sell out twat.

I thought you worshipped at the altar of similar politicians.

17 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Sell out twat.

This is like a Sevco fan criticising other football supporters.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

What a very odd analogy to use :1eye

OK then, in order to allow reasonable comparison, the only logical thing to would be for all security services to stop their work and allow all attacks to be carried out as intended. That doesn't really work for me but I can't think of another way to prevent people abusing those statistics for their own political aims.

And stop responsable parents from hiding their guns from toddlers, stop the police from acting on any tip offs regarding (other) Americans...

My solution is to call it out when I can be bothered and to highlight exactly where the abuse is taking place.
Why do you have such a major problem with that?

You're not some lone ranger calling out hypocrisy and abuse from the left, you're just some bore that comes on here periodically and gets ragdolled before pissing off for a week.

What a very odd analogy to use :1eye

OK then, in order to allow reasonable comparison, the only logical thing to would be for all security services to stop their work and allow all attacks to be carried out as intended. That doesn't really work for me but I can't think of another way to prevent people abusing those statistics for their own political aims.

Thanks for making my point for me.

You claim the statistics have been abused but they compare an actual outcome (whether the data gathered is correct or not). The logical thing to do is to compare comparable data, not caveat a survey with bolt-ons to suit your own beliefs. Gather different data then.

I can't believe this needs explained to the Chief P&B Splainer.

Why are folk replying to oaksoft? He's a thick as f**k troll who is a piece of shit. If he isn't trolling then he's a piece of shit who is thick as f**k.

Either way he deserves zero attention. Put him on ignore.

6 hours ago, zidane's child said:

Sir Nick Clegg just doesn't sit well with me at all. 

He'll sit well with Sir Danny and Sir Vince though.

Presumably the SNP leaders who lost their seats were offered knighthoods and refused to accept?...

Edited by Lurkst

2 hours ago, bob the tank said:

Everybody should nip over to wings over Scotland and read his exposé of the backers of Scotland in union. He's already had "sinister " emails from their lawyers, after clearing it with his own lawyers. Well worth a read

He's taken it down meantime, as he wants his lawyers to look at the 'sinister' emails and it's a bit tricky to contact them at this time on the last Saturday of the year.

Luckily, I still had the front page of WoS open, so here's the content that was visible there with all information on the SIU spreadsheet removed

The lost art of keeping a secret
Posted on December 30, 2017 by Rev. Stuart Campbell
Earlier this week we enjoyed a wee chuckle at the expense of the clodhopping dimwits running super-staunch Yoon zoomerfest Scotland In Union, who it turned out had been spending their time writing literally thousands of frothing mad letters to small-circulation newspapers and desperately trying to keep it hush-hush.

We didn’t know they were THIS incompetent, though.

(Redacted screenshot from a spreadsheet)

Because as well as letting a vile separatist site like Wings Over Scotland get hold of their green-ink-letter-writers email list, it turns out that these guys are so pathologically dopey they’ve stored their entire donations spreadsheet – the names, addresses and phone numbers of everyone they’ve ever asked for money, and the exact amounts they’ve handed over, running to a total of just under £340,000 – on an unencrypted, unpassworded, unprotected file in a shared Google Drive folder, where any old Tom, Dick or Tarquin could get hold of it and pass it on to whoever they felt like.

And on this occasion, it so happens that they passed it on to us.

Read the rest of this entry →

Category idiots, investigation, scottish politics

So, let's sit back & see what the Yoons on here think. Will they resort to the usual ad hominem attacks on Campbell, or will they defend SIU?

He's taken it down meantime, as he wants his lawyers to look at the 'sinister' emails and it's a bit tricky to contact them at this time on the last Saturday of the year. Luckily, I still had the front page of WoS open, so here's the content that was visible there with all information on the SIU spreadsheet removed

The lost art of keeping a secret

Posted on December 30, 2017 by Rev. Stuart Campbell

Earlier this week we enjoyed a wee chuckle at the expense of the clodhopping dimwits running super-staunch Yoon zoomerfest Scotland In Union, who it turned out had been spending their time writing literally thousands of frothing mad letters to small-circulation newspapers and desperately trying to keep it hush-hush.

We didn’t know they were THIS incompetent, though.

(Redacted screenshot from a spreadsheet)

Because as well as letting a vile separatist site like Wings Over Scotland get hold of their green-ink-letter-writers email list, it turns out that these guys are so pathologically dopey they’ve stored their entire donations spreadsheet – the names, addresses and phone numbers of everyone they’ve ever asked for money, and the exact amounts they’ve handed over, running to a total of just under £340,000 – on an unencrypted, unpassworded, unprotected file in a shared Google Drive folder, where any old Tom, Dick or Tarquin could get hold of it and pass it on to whoever they felt like.

And on this occasion, it so happens that they passed it on to us.

Read the rest of this entry →

Category idiots, investigation, scottish politics

So, let's sit back & see what the Yoons on here think. Will they resort to the usual ad hominem attacks on Campbell, or will they defend SIU?

Here's the rest of it: 

Mobile screenies so the quality might be shite.

And they've uploaded in reverse order [emoji23]

437f312fb2a47de6dbca23ef7a6edf98.jpga7496cab4523fae83b64a79964c8428f.jpgdc7caa5cf8f54a5f8ffaff44b0ecfcbf.jpg857b64ef798884cac8ccff0884cb2ae4.jpg57a452913c92a315932ad49fe1e51a0e.jpg

5 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

I am on a meltdown with this shit.  Who the f**k decided that he should be knighted??  What has he done to be "worthy" of this "honour?"  What is the criteria for attaining this honour?  Lies??

The whole system is a joke, knighthoods dished out as if they were chips in some fat birds dream.  Seems that you would be more "honourable" if you were not made a knight.  

Next thing we know this c**t will be in the house of the old codgers. 

If you are so against this system, why do you use the banner of the royal arms of scotland (i.e. the official banner of the monarch & the holders of the great offices of state) as your avatar?

5 hours ago, bob the tank said:

Everybody should nip over to wings over Scotland and read his exposé of the backers of Scotland in union. He's already had "sinister " emails from their lawyers, after clearing it with his own lawyers. Well worth a read

I'm really not sure what the scoop here is, other than showing Scotland in Union up as being a bunch of blundering incompetents. Letter writing campaigns are nothing new - I'm not really sure why they felt like they had to keep their organised efforts secret - and surely nobody is surprised that they are being funded by a elite club of aristos.

However, the heeds gone that it has provoked has been most amusing, so well done WOS for providing us with a good laugh.