General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I hope all these c***s that were objecting to the horror of a tiny but fair tax increase last week are utterly incandescent at this news. Somehow I doubt it though. If this was Sturgeon's (or Corbyn's) deputy you can only imagine the front page of the Mail.  As it is they'll probablyrun with something close to "unlucky champ". 

The most inept Governement and probably the most inept largest opposition party in my lifetime; absolutely useless at this politics stuff.

Imagine the Scottish Government went through even half of the scandal etc. that Westminster goes through, yer Yoons would be uncontrollably seething.

7 hours ago, Londonwell said:

The most inept Governement and probably the most inept largest opposition party in my lifetime; absolutely useless at this politics stuff.

Imagine the Scottish Government went through even half of the scandal etc. that Westminster goes through, yer Yoons would be uncontrollably seething.

They already are uncontrollably seething. Over absolutely fucking miniscule tax rises on salaries above £33,000 :lol:

Seriously though, politics at a UK level is fucked. This is by a mile the most useless Tory administration I can remember (even worse than the sleaze-mired version in the mid 90s), led by the most inept Prime Minister in the last 100 years. She STILL has higher approval ratings than Corbyn and Labour are barely ahead of them in most polls. May is utterly hopeless. Everything she touches turns to utter shit, and yet Corbyn can barely lay a glove  on her. He's fucking shite, but as long as he occasionally mumbles something about nationalising the railways, he's a "breath of fresh air". On the plus side, he's turn Blairites into seething messes for a couple of years, which is pretty funny. 

In terms of Scotland, well, May is dragging the UK down the Brexit shitter and taking us with it, yet still more than half of "proud Scots" will meekly accept economic armageddon as opposed to the horror of actually standing on our own two feet :lol: 

We deserve to be a "region", quite frankly. 

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Boris Johnson and Sergei Lavrov having an argument at a joint press conference and talking over each other. Tremendous scenes and a wonderful start to Boris' time in Russia.

If any proof is needed that the UK is a fucked up place, it's the fact that a lot of folk would like to see Boris as PM, whilst others think Jacob Rees Mogg would be better.

I'm going to consume a significant amount of alcohol over the festive period and partially blame it on that 'reality'.

If any proof is needed that the UK is a fucked up place, it's the fact that a lot of folk would like to see Boris as PM, whilst others think Jacob Rees Mogg would be better.
I'm going to consume a significant amount of alcohol over the festive period and partially blame it on that 'reality'.

GD...... you can't control these buffoons. Enjoy your festivities

Depressing to see that abuse of statistics is not limited to just this forum.In order to compare those numbers you would need to include all those Muslim extremists caught by the authorities before they were able to carry out attacks and by definition we will probably not have access to those numbers. If we did, a very different picture would emerge.

In order to compare those numbers you would need them to be comparing actual deaths and not situations occuring where the outcome *could* have been de.....oh.

Oaksoft is obviously trolling. I mean no human being with even a semblance of a worthwhile existence can be that desperate for attention surely?

I've heard of "tone trolling" and "concern trolling", but can anyone explain what kind of trolling we're dealing with when the perpetrator makes him/herself appear completely out of their depth on any given subject? He's been utterly schooled on benefits, degrees, HR, statistics and that's just the stuff I can remember.  Even H_B, yes H-fucking-B, rinsed him.

What is there to gain by making yourself look stupid?