General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

With everything think that’s been happening another GE is surely a real possibility.
As a non-Labour voter I have been cautiously supportive of Corbyn but am beginning to question his ability to lead.  I cannot see Labour getting a majority and question whether Corbyn will be able to strike any sort of working arrangement with the SNP. 

Corbyn has already defied predictions once at a GE,he might just surprise people again.Personaly in a hung parliament i would ask support from the SNP on an issue by issue basis so it would be up to them whether to dump a Labour minority govt and risk public wrath.A formal agreement will see the SNP as a DUP lite pain in the arse.

With everything think that’s been happening another GE is surely a real possibility.
As a non-Labour voter I have been cautiously supportive of Corbyn but am beginning to question his ability to lead.  I cannot see Labour getting a majority and question whether Corbyn will be able to strike any sort of working arrangement with the SNP. 

Another hung parliament with Labour as the largest party. Govern as a minority government and don't touch the SNP with a bargepole.

Another hung parliament with Labour as the largest party. Govern as a minority government and don't touch the SNP with a bargepole.

Supply and demand. Then the ball is firmly in the SNP court and they will be judged by what they do not what they say.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Why lie, though?

If you’ve gone to all that trouble then you’ve obviously seen the posts where I argued for Corbyn ahead of his challengers and condemned his critics in the PLP.  

Interesting that you chose not to quote them.

If you’ve gone to all that trouble then you’ve obviously seen the posts where I argued for Corbyn ahead of his challengers and condemned his critics in the PLP.  
Interesting that you chose not to quote them.

You've been solidly "Corbyn must go" since April. I was taking umbrage with you claiming that you've only suddenly decided this.

15 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

You've been solidly "Corbyn must go" since April. I was taking umbrage with you claiming that you've only suddenly decided this.

Yeah, I probably could have worded my post better.

I also hope I'm wrong about him.

2 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Incredible to think that a guy has appeared in court for planning to assassinate the PM and it isn't even in the top 3 stories on BBC news.

Maybe it will motivate someone to put ina bit more effort next time.  :)

Scottish A&E bucks trend on long waits
Fewer patients in Scotland are waiting longer than four hours in A&E than they did in 2012/3 in contrast to England where the number has more than doubled, according to new research by the BBC.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-42255434
Getting on with the day job.

Labour run NHS at 82%.....lol.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-state-pensions-ranked-worst-175039910.html

UK state pensions ranked the worst in the developed world

You'll upset a lot of folk on here with that post.  It goes against the 'privileged pensioner' concept that most posters on here subscribe to, including those who should know better.

Just watched the Junker/May press conference, it was all a bit vague and contained contradictory statements about which courts would have the ultimate responsibility - May said the UK courts, Junker the European ones. :wacko:

Details to follow........................

Wrong thread. :oops

Edited by btb