General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

That's millionaire landowning farmer's daughter Kirstene Hair. Campaigned on a single issue and ousted Mike Weir who's worked tirelessly for his constituents. She's also a useless c**t. In 6 months she's admitted the Brexit Vote was "too difficult" and didn't vote, refused to bother with early day motions, called for the minimum wage to be scrapped for farm labourers and didn't bother turning up for a debate on the future of the Royal Marines (after claiming she would work tirelessly to ensure the future of RM Condor).

For shame, Angus.

Genuinely depressing read that.

The entrenched nature of Scottish (UK/worldwide) politics gets me down

Aye, the 2017 GE basically threw up a dozen or so Tories who shouldn't even be Councillors never mind MPs. In fact the same happened in the local elections. In our area at least three Tories were elected to the Council campaigning against a 2nd IndyRef [emoji38]  Some of them are absolute belters, Braden Davy chief amongst them. 

Pretty much every one of them could hardly string a sentence together on election night. Just a few words about day jobs and divisive referendum. Probably the easiest campaign ever fought. Reminded me of the single issue candidate in Burnistoun

People were asking things about Theresa May losing seats and possibly not having an overall majority and were met with blank looks and more slavering about day jobs and referendum

They didn't have the slightest clue what they had actually been elected to do

Just now, MarkoRaj said:

They didn't have the slightest clue what they had actually been elected to do

They still don't. Kirstene Hair is a complete simpleton and will almost certainly be emptied next election now that she's started pissing off farmers and uniform worshippers. She's only 6 months in, so god knows just badly she's going to f**k up the remainder of her time. 

4 hours ago, Mastermind said:

Why would Westminster do that, it’s up to SNP whether they want to copy the stamp duty cut or not?

Given they copied the Westminster decision to charge stamp duty on additional properties quickly enough, I’d like to think they’d follow suit for the benefit of housebuyers up here.

Over to you SNP

LBBT is already 0% below the average house price.

How many first time buyers are buying above 145K.

It's all bullshit anyway. The increased spending power is capitalized by the seller.

I would be interested to know which of the bodies that s33 applies to would cover Police Scotland (Note the SPA are a separate body) and therefore should have been automatically added?
Quite clearly the UK government have subsequently issued exemptions to other national bodies and the continued discrepancy smacks of punishment to the SNP but it was quite clearly not an issue that prevented the SNP from continuing with the central(belt)isation of these bodies.

Certainly. VATA 1994, s33(3)(f) allows recovery for "a police authority and the Receiver for the Metropolitan Police District;". My reading of that is that Police Scotland should fit the description.

LBBT is already 0% below the average house price.
How many first time buyers are buying above 145K..

I’d like to see figures on that actually. I’d wager a good number, especially in central Scotland.

England have the sense to differentiate between expensive and less expensive areas, it seems foolhardy not to do the same here.

3 hours ago, Mastermind said:

You don’t get much in the Central Belt for less than £145K, so I’d imagine quite a lot actually.

Granny Danger obviously thinks it’s an important issue given he’s frothing at the mouth expecting even more money from the Government

You obviously do given 145k is the average price. People buying into the top half of the market don't need an additional subsidy to do so.

If it is 3500 across UK , even if we are extremely generous given SE England property prices, that is only 350 for Scotland.

11 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

At ever decreasing levels though. That's kind of the point

I'm 49. It's a hell of a slow decrease.

And they're still trying. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-42081019

I still believe in freedom to f**k up your own body with a tax to cover the costs to the NHS and laws to protect non smokers from the evil smokers and their 2nnd hand smoke.

3 hours ago, Mastermind said:

You don’t get much in the Central Belt for less than £145K, so I’d imagine quite a lot actually.

Granny Danger obviously thinks it’s an important issue given he’s frothing at the mouth expecting even more money from the Government

“Frothing at the mouth”.  It’s funny that the folks who tend to use terms like that on here are the ones that the terms are most applicable to.

7 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Certainly. VATA 1994, s33(3)(f) allows recovery for "a police authority and the Receiver for the Metropolitan Police District;". My reading of that is that Police Scotland should fit the description.

Police Scotland are not a police authority.

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

This is painful. Do you know what a Police Authority is? And do you know that there is one in Scotland?

You clearly don't.  The Scottish Police Authority is responsible for overseeing Police Scotland.  Police Scotland is not a police authority.

Just so you can end your confusion - http://www.spa.police.uk/about-us/

The Scottish Police Authority (SPA) was established under the Police and Fire Reform (Scotland) Act 2012 to maintain policing, promote policing principles and continuous improvement of policing, and to hold the Chief Constable to account.

It holds both the Chief Constable to account for the policing of Scotland, and the Chief Executive of the SPA to account for its role as employer of staff and the delivery of services to the board and policing.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Strichener doing his usual here

Piss off you thicko, if you have something to add to the conversation then please do.  I would be surprised though.

Edited by strichener

Got to be able to afford a deposit first to buy a house

I’ve got £1400 in saving, probably going to need to add an extra “0” on that before I can get a deposit.

So that means sacrificing everything for about 3 years.