General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I honestly amazes me she was the best candidate.

That's millionaire landowning farmer's daughter Kirstene Hair. Campaigned on a single issue and ousted Mike Weir who's worked tirelessly for his constituents. She's also a useless c**t. In 6 months she's admitted the Brexit Vote was "too difficult" and didn't vote, refused to bother with early day motions, called for the minimum wage to be scrapped for farm labourers and didn't bother turning up for a debate on the future of the Royal Marines (after claiming she would work tirelessly to ensure the future of RM Condor).

For shame, Angus.

That's millionaire landowning farmer's daughter Kirstene Hair. Campaigned on a single issue and ousted Mike Weir who's worked tirelessly for his constituents. She's also a useless c**t. In 6 months she's admitted the Brexit Vote was "too difficult" and didn't vote, refused to bother with early day motions, called for the minimum wage to be scrapped for farm labourers and didn't bother turning up for a debate on the future of the Royal Marines (after claiming she would work tirelessly to ensure the future of RM Condor).

For shame, Angus.

Angus is after his hole me thinks....

For shame, Angus.

A lot of my mates who were SNP voted Labour this time cause of Corbyn (still a w**k in my eyes).

Reason she got in IMO. I’ve not looked and could be very wrong but I bet the SNP vote was down, Labour was up by around the same margin SNP was down and the Tory vote (which was already decent enough) stayed about the same.

She’s hopeless. Marine base in Arbroath (they’re all p***ks mind you) is one of the bigger ones in Scotland is it not? May be totally wrong. But it’s certainly a big issue for Angus.

The decision to cut stamp duty in England will cost money, I wonder if a pro rata equivalent will be 'given' to Scotland to introduce similar changes?

Why would Westminster do that, it’s up to SNP whether they want to copy the stamp duty cut or not?

Given they copied the Westminster decision to charge stamp duty on additional properties quickly enough, I’d like to think they’d follow suit for the benefit of housebuyers up here.

Over to you SNP

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A lot of my mates who were SNP voted Labour this time cause of Corbyn (still a w**k in my eyes).

Reason she got in IMO. I’ve not looked and could be very wrong but I bet the SNP vote was down, Labour was up by around the same margin SNP was down and the Tory vote (which was already decent enough) stayed about the same.

She’s hopeless. Marine base in Arbroath (they’re all p***ks mind you) is one of the bigger ones in Scotland is it not? May be totally wrong. But it’s certainly a big issue for Angus.

Can't remember the exact figures, but I think the Labour candidate's vote was about 5000, up from 3500ish last time round. Quite an achievement as he literally did no campaigning in any of the Angus towns, and barely sent out any leaflets. He was some Councillor bloke from Dunfermline iirc. The Tory vote did increase though, I'm sure of that. Almost every farmer's field had a Kirstene Hair billboard, between that and the older generation vote, she got in, purely on the "No to a second referendum" pish. She's being shown up almost weekly though, which is pretty funny. Mike Weir worked his arse off for the locals, got heavily involved in things like Tax Credits and Right to Reside cases. She can barely to remember when to vote :lol:

Genuinely looking forward to that "moment of clarity" when these fuckwit farmers realise the extent to which they're going to be dicked by Brexit, and their useless c**t of an MP won't be able to do a thing about it :lol:

25 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Why would Westminster do that, it’s up to SNP whether they want to copy the stamp duty cut or not?

Given they copied the Westminster decision to charge stamp duty on additional properties quickly enough, I’d like to think they’d follow suit for the benefit of housebuyers up here.

Over to you SNP

If you don’t understand why Scotland should be given additional funds for this then you wouldn’t understand the explanation.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but the one about spending £125million on rent subsidies for 140,000 low income and housing benefit renters is literally taking public money and putting it into the pockets of private landlords.

Have I read it wrong or something?

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

If you don’t understand why Scotland should be given additional funds for this then you wouldn’t understand the explanation.

I am not sure that you can provide an explanation for why removing a tax in England would lead to an increase in Barnett funding, let alone on a matter that is devolved.

17 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but the one about spending £125million on rent subsidies for 140,000 low income and housing benefit renters is literally taking public money and putting it into the pockets of private landlords.

Have I read it wrong or something?

You weren't supposed to pick up on that Jeff.   Smoke and Mirrors is the Tory strategy.

For shame, Angus.

She’s 3 years older than me, active in politics, quite clearly from a family with extra cash, and probably benefitted from an advantage in life.

And yet I can tell the difference between Devolved and Reserved powers.

From having a scope on social media tonight she’s embarrassed herself repeatedly, claiming that Sturgeon is letting down her constituents, Sturgeons called her out and she won’t let it go.

I’d honestly say I’ve not seen a single one of the new Tory MP’s make a positive impact, the only thing they’re there for is too back up this shambolic government.

f**k me Mundell is even pedalling this bullshit.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

She’s 3 years older than me, active in politics, quite clearly from a family with extra cash, and probably benefitted from an advantage in life.

And yet I can tell the difference between Devolved and Reserved powers.

From having a scope on social media tonight she’s embarrassed herself repeatedly, claiming that Sturgeon is letting down her constituents, Sturgeons called her out and she won’t let it go.

I’d honestly say I’ve not seen a single one of the new Tory MP’s make a positive impact, the only thing they’re there for is too back up this shambolic government.

f**k me Mundell is even pedalling this bullshit.

Aye, the 2017 GE basically threw up a dozen or so Tories who shouldn't even be Councillors never mind MPs. In fact the same happened in the local elections. In our area at least three Tories were elected to the Council campaigning against a 2nd IndyRef :lol:  Some of them are absolute belters, Braden Davy chief amongst them. 

I'll worry about what the government targets next once this doesn't work. All my life they've tried to get folk to stop smoking and drinking by making it dearer and putting clearer and more horrifying warning labels, yet still people drink and smoke. 

At ever decreasing levels though. That's kind of the point

s3lwY-KHS7Fi1rRjjSAQGoHjnf8=.gif

My problem was more the attitude of the SNP. Getting on their high horse about it and acting like it is some massive step towards helping alcohol abuse, when I don’t actually know anyone who realistically thinks it’ll change anything. All for them giving it a go.