General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

It's been said that Sillars would start a fight in an empty room and as I've looked and listened over the last few decades, it certainly seems to me that through the ages he has made arguments that have been robust.
But, there's always a but, there are reasons why he found himself sidelined in favour of Salmond.
His comments today on Nicola Sturgeon speak of a needless recalcitrant nature that have obviously limited him.

On the one hand he says Nichola should make way for someone else,then immediately says there is no one good enough to replace her.

Very helpful.

15 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I still think that a huge refinery in the country importing fracked gas whilst the government takes a moral stance on the issue is not a great look.

The Scottish Government have no grounds or the powers to hinder or ban imports of foreign ethane.  It only looks bad if you don't think about it.

47 minutes ago, HTG said:

This story seems to have been circulating for a while this morning but I'm not sure how true it is - it doesn't seem to be covered at all on the bbc ...

Also in the Express, the Independent and the Guardian quotes a government spokesman agreeing with the figures but saying they aren't significant.

4 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

For f**k sake. The story about flights to Europe being grounded in a no Deal scenario will be a moot point if there's another 20% knocked off the pound, nobody will be able to afford holidays.

Travelex at Glasgow Airport yesterday were selling Euros at 0.99 to the £.

They're always robbing b*****ds anyway, but it's still pretty frightening. John Lewis have it at 1.1 just now.

For f**k sake. The story about flights to Europe being grounded in a no Deal scenario will be a moot point if there's another 20% knocked off the pound, nobody will be able to afford holidays.

I'm glad I voted Leave. A massive boost for Tourism in the U.K. Enjoy your staycation.

So in the critical month triple lock wise for inflation it rises to 3% thus pensions will rise by this amount in April. You would have to assume there would be some "massaging" of the figure to make the pension rise as close to the minimum 2.5% (soon to be done away with) as possible so safe to assume in the real world it's above 3%.

I have to say I'm a little embarrassed by the snp's 'performance' in Westminster today at Prime Minister's questions.

The leader (is it blackford?) stumbled through his question, saying breakfast instead of brexit. He also repeated himself, resulting in a telling off for not being brief enough. The question itself was hardly great either.

Then someone else rocked up with a red card for the linesman guy who is doing the champ league game tonight. A completely immature and embarrassing publicity stunt that was again, quite easily slapped down by May.