General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Why are centrist conspiracy theories always heavy unimaginative? Isn't Russia normally a thing with you lads? Bring them in somehow.

It was an honest question, I didn't know. Seems he says he voted Remain and would do again in a second referendum. Could have fooled me.

It was an honest question, I didn't know. Seems he says he voted Remain and would do again in a second referendum. Could have fooled me.

He consistently voted against the EU with every opportunity he had until he became leader, then claims to have voted remain but went on holiday during the crucial part of the campaign, and has seemed slightly unclear about his views ever since.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

That's more like it. Just need to find the guy who claimed he had definitive proof that Corbyn voted Leave and we have it.

Being as he's got Labour to vote with the Government on the issue at every opportunity since the referendum it's not an out there conclusion to draw. I'll take his word on it though.

Contrarian/concern trolling? There's some amount of pish posted on here but that's impressive.

I quite like Jim sillars, and certainly thinks he makes some very good points. On a politics thread I tried to defend him.

Would you prefer me to nod along?

"Aye right enough, that old b*****d should just be ignored" (followed by gif of old cardigan guy being shoved out the door).

Is that a description of Sillars or Oaksoft?

What's the connection between Grangemouth and the SNP?

That's quite a defensive stance...

I'd have guessed that grangemouth supplies an awful lot of Scotland's fuels (edited for my ignorance)? So the Scottish government have banned fracking but Scotland itself is heavily reliant on power supplied from fracking?

I'd have guessed that grangemouth supplies an awful lot of Scotland's power? So the Scottish government have banned fracking but Scotland itself is heavily reliant on power supplied from fracking?

The fracked oil is for consumer goods made by the owners of the various refineries in grangemouth, nothing to do with power, the majority of which is now being produced by renewables

I'd have guessed that grangemouth supplies an awful lot of Scotland's power? So the Scottish government have banned fracking but Scotland itself is heavily reliant on power supplied from fracking?

Grangemouth is an oil refinery.

If other countries want to decimate their landscape and water supplies with fracking then let them. I'm glad the SNP blocked its implementation here.

I'm glad they did too. But that's a pretty strange position for us to be in.

It's a legitimate point for sillars to be making.

If other countries want to decimate their landscape and water supplies with fracking then let them. I'm glad the SNP blocked its implementation here.

Exactly this.

Let that p***k Ratcliffe get richer at someone else's expense.

It's been said that Sillars would start a fight in an empty room and as I've looked and listened over the last few decades, it certainly seems to me that through the ages he has made arguments that have been robust.

But, there's always a but, there are reasons why he found himself sidelined in favour of Salmond.

His comments today on Nicola Sturgeon speak of a needless recalcitrant nature that have obviously limited him.