General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

What Jim 'Ill never appear on the bbc again" Sillars.He is the very definition of 'yer da" nowadays

On here, and actually across society nowadays, there is a tendency to dismiss someone entirely because of one thing they once said, or one controversial thing they believe.

I like jim sillars. He talks an awful lot of sense. I might be in the minority here but I also think my da talks am awful lot of sense.

My mum is 57 and votes SNP, as does my dad who is 62
Both voted remain.
Both voted yes in 2014.
I however voted the same way as your mum and step dad in each election.

More of a 'my team' thing than generational with you though.

On here, and actually across society nowadays, there is a tendency to dismiss someone entirely because of one thing they once said, or one controversial thing they believe.

I like jim sillars. He talks an awful lot of sense. I might be in the minority here but I also think my da talks am awful lot of sense.

Sillars is an angry old man and is upset because he is reduced to shouting from the sidelines.His views on fracking etc etc

Sillars is an angry old man and is upset because he is reduced to shouting from the sidelines.His views on fracking etc etc

Nothing in your first sentence means he's wrong though.

The snp have played that very narrative because it suits them. It gives them cover from the left.

And btw the ageism tone is not cool.

Nothing in your first sentence means he's wrong though.

The snp have played that very narrative because it suits them. It gives them cover from the left.

And btw the ageism tone is not cool.

But he really is an angry old man theres nothing ageist in pointing it out

Jesus wept Pandarilla. Give the contrarian/concern trolling a rest for a day. You've become the b*****d offspring of XBL and RandomGuy.

Contrarian/concern trolling? There's some amount of pish posted on here but that's impressive.

I quite like Jim sillars, and certainly thinks he makes some very good points. On a politics thread I tried to defend him.

Would you prefer me to nod along?

"Aye right enough, that old b*****d should just be ignored" (followed by gif of old cardigan guy being shoved out the door).

What do you agree with him about when it comes to Fracking?  

Until reading this thread I didn't know he had a position on fracking. Having read the transcript of this morning's programme I think he makes a very good point about grangemouth buying fracked gas from the states.

I'm against fracking but if that point is true then it seems like a pretty ludicrous situation to be in.