General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I presume you are there spying for the SNP Jmo?

I'm not there. Watching the coverage but had to turn off. Finding it increasingly depressing. Ken Loach, an antisemitic man who has spent my adult life opposed to Labour, running against us, criticising us, has just received a standing ovation at the Labour conference. The party are ignoring the single issue which will hurt working people more than anything else at the moment but can dedicate half of the international debate to Palestine and Israel. Someone got cheers and applause from the majority of the audience for sweeping antisemitism under the carpet. I'm just a bit dismayed.

36 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I'm not there. Watching the coverage but had to turn off. Finding it increasingly depressing. Ken Loach, an antisemitic man who has spent my adult life opposed to Labour, running against us, criticising us, has just received a standing ovation at the Labour conference. The party are ignoring the single issue which will hurt working people more than anything else at the moment but can dedicate half of the international debate to Palestine and Israel. Someone got cheers and applause from the majority of the audience for sweeping antisemitism under the carpet. I'm just a bit dismayed.

Wait...... what?

He's been fun to watch today. Getting called out for his lies by the national media and unable to handle it is quite amusing.

Please link me to these if you can. I've only been intermittently catching his Facebook posts which are more in denial than Chemical Ali.

Please link me to these if you can. I've only been intermittently catching his Facebook posts which are more in denial than Chemical Ali.

Nick Cohen article:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/25/smear-student-robbie-travers-racial-politics

Travers responded by saying he was wrong about the job Cohen claimed he lied about. So his old boss posted this reply:

Interesting that Travers doesn't seem to be denying that the ISIS thing was totally made up, but still has as his pinned tweet a comment saying he was under investigation for joking about ISIS.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/25/smear-student-robbie-travers-racial-politics

With this lovely piece towards the end:

08c20e52da5f5b612b4f29abf1795422.jpg

So we're back with the usual "anti-Israeli government = anti-semitism" debate. What a joy.

Do you also think the numerous left wing Jewish groups (both in Israel and around the world) are anti-Semitic?

No, I don't think criticising the Israeli government is antisemitic, nor even criticising Israel as a state however I do think calling for a boycott of the country, comparing it to Apartheid and people from the country at film festivals, whilst defending an antisemite (and repeating his argument) and saying antisemitism is 'understandable' as a whole does make him antisemitic.

There are plenty of critics of Israel who aren't antisemites, but it's clear a lot of the criticisms of Israel are antisemitic.