General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

It's just incredible to think that a significant member of the Labour Party actually had to try to defend comments talking about how Hitler was a Zionist, or using the phrase 'before he [Hitler] went mad.'

He then locked himself in the toilets to get away from journalists.

During an anti-semitism controversy involving your own party you decide to bring up Hitler?

There's going to be a shit-ton of spectacular political memoirs published in the next couple of decades.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/politics/news/74383/diane-abbott-deletes-pro-livingstone-tweets-minutes-after-his-suspension

Diane Abbott deleted tweets endorsing Ken Livingstone minutes after he was suspended from the party over allegations of anti-Semitism, PoliticsHome can reveal.

pa-25380920_v3vo3e.jpg

The Shadow International Development Secretary leapt into action as the controversy threatened to engulf the party.

Has any political party ever been in a worse shape than today's Labour party?

Nope,we have just had the Hillsborough court case (tories bad) the junior doctors strike (tories bad) and its all about Labour being anti jew (thats what it looks like) 

Its fucking hilarious

Corbin caving into pressure from the Zionist lobby is only making the Labour Party look weak.

I'm no big fan of Ken Livingstone but I agree with both these points he made.

"I've heard a lot of people being critical of Israel, but if I was to denounce the South African government, you wouldn't say I was racist.

"And one of my worries is this confusion with anti-Semitism and criticising the Israeli government policy undermines the importance is tackling real anti-Semitism."

Corbin caving into pressure from the Zionist lobby is only making the Labour Party look weak.

"I've heard a lot of people being critical of Israel, but if I was to denounce the South African government, you wouldn't say I was racist.

"And one of my worries is this confusion with anti-Semitism and criticising the Israeli government policy undermines the importance is tackling real anti-Semitism."

Yip ,hatchet job on Ken , how staged was the idiot Mann on the stairs shouting at him?

As far as I understand it he was being interviewed about , Anti semitisim, Hitler comments and Israel on the radio , and said, Hitler supported the Zionist in 1933 before he went mad and killed them all.

Sorry but that's just a matter of historical fact.

Hitler and the Nazis supported the Zionists ,BUT not for the same reasons, for the Nazis it was the ideal way to get Jews out of Germany for purely Racist reasons, that doesn't mean Hitler was a Zionist ffs!

Nope,we have just had the Hillsborough court case (tories bad) the junior doctors strike (tories bad) and its all about Labour being anti jew (thats what it looks like) 

Its fucking hilarious

The Tories are in a complete mess. Osborne's budget was another nightmare for him. The Economy aint great, and they are, as usual , Europe tears them apart..again.

Their only saving grace is Labour are not going to win with JC as their leader. England will never vote for him. Imagine the headlines in the Murdoch press.

Still we can sit back an enjoy.

That joke about moving Israel to America, bit like floating the failed statelet into the Atlantic as suggested often on here. Hardly a resigning issue I would have thought, especially as she posted it before she was an Mp. I always thought there should be an Israeli state but they should have built it in Bavaria.

Yip ,hatchet job on Ken , how staged was the idiot Mann on the stairs shouting at him?

As far as I understand it he was being interviewed about , Anti semitisim, Hitler comments and Israel on the radio , and said, Hitler supported the Zionist in 1933 before he went mad and killed them all.

Sorry but that's just a matter of historical fact.

No it isn't - that suggests that Hitler's support for Jewish resettlement was a policy entirely distinct from his 'mad' phase of implementing the Final Solution. Next to no credible historians have ever argued this to be the case. It also misreads a willingness to forcibly resettle Jews from Germany and the intended Greater German Empire - to Mongolia, Madagascar, Palestine or anywhere that was suitable - as 'support for Zionism'. Zionism was not merely a campaign for Jewish resettlement somewhere else, and at no point did the Zionist movement call for the forced expulsion of Jews from their homes and seizure of their property under a racist-eugenicist premise. So no, Hitler was not a supporter of the Zionist movement.

Try again.

Needless to say I'm not surprised in the slightest to see you white knighting for the grubby anti-Semites that form an alarming section of the Labour and 'radical' left. The "Zionist lobby" indeed.