Draft Kings UK

DarkBlue62

You get a Salary Cap of $50,000 and have to build a squad of players based on their values. Each sport is different in terms of squad size and make up; e.g. Golf is just any 6 players in the field, Football is a GK, 3 DEF, 3 MID, 2 FW & 2 Utility players, Basketball is 1 PG, 1 SG, 1 PF, 1 SF, 1 C & 2 Utilities...etc.

Players score points for doing different things. Taking Football as an example; a Goal is worth 10 points, Assist is 6, Shots are 1, with an extra 1 if it's On Target, Crosses are 1...and so on.

In a nutshell, the "better" they do in relation to the scoring rules, the more points they get, the higher up the leaderboard you'll be.

There are different types of contest as well; ranging from 50/50s (where half the field win money and half don't) up to the bigger tournaments where the top places win big money; e.g. the winner of the Masters Contest will win $1m.

Cheers. Certainly sounds interesting. Might give it a bash once I'm paid.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hospitality was phenomenal. Wade who basically runs DK in the UK was there also and is hilarious. He's in the EPL preview videos that the put online. Now to try win more competitions like that!

The hospitality was phenomenal. Wade who basically runs DK in the UK was there also and is hilarious. He's in the EPL preview videos that the put online. Now to try win more competitions like that!

That sounds awesome DB, well done. (Off topic but you have a trade offer in the dynasty league ;))

My woeful streak at golf continues; 1 line up cashing and 1 in the bottom 500 or so :lol:

Any idea when they are gonna be accepting debit card? Im fucked when it comes to paypal

According to my mate the do it on the desktop version. Could be pish though.

Its a good concept but there appears some very experience DFS players on there alread

Won a few quid on champs leage/premiership on my first week but got absolutely horsed on week 2

Surprised i didnt smash the EPL games because my Barclays Fantasy Teamhas been very strong ths year, when i transferred it over to DK they didnt fair too well, despite the scoring on DK being slightly less complicated.

Takes a bit of getting used to for the football having played traditional fantasy football, mainly in that picking centre halves is useless, you get 3 points for a clean sheet for a defender, but 1 for each cross into the box, even if it's unsuccessful, what a shite scoring system  :lol: Just shy of breaking even so far.

Definitely a different tactic from season-long fantasy sports if you're playing a one-day contest with thousands of folk in it, you have to take a punt on some less obvious players, not that you'd be able to pick all of Aguero, Kane, and Vardy with the budget caps anyway. 

Setting a reminder to enter the golf tomorrow, I generally set my fantasy line ups on a Friday afternoon or Saturday morning which is obviously no use for the golf, and I know absolutely zero about American sports outside NFL which is obviously done for the next 6 months.

First attempt at the golf, going to double up on my (very small) stakes, I had 2 guys that I'd never heard of at all in my team!

Adam Scott doubling the last almost hurt me.

Team was :

Adam Scott

Blayne Barner (who)- only one who missed the cut

KJ Choi

Paul Casey

Brian Harman (me neither)

Charles Howell III

Looked at the guy who's won it- he's got 4 of the top 6, backed up with someone else I've never heard of. 

Will definitely invest a bit more time into stats, looks like guys who hit lots of birdies but also lots of bogeys are worth more than steady pars.

Every MC

Saunders MC

Kisner MC

Wilcox MC

Johnson T25

Scott T25

I am utterly hopeless at the golf :lol:

Millionaire Maker player salaries are out now...anybody entering?

I'll definitely have a go at that, no chance really but surely the point of these games is landing the big fish.

I'll definitely have a go at that, no chance really but surely the point of these games is landing the big fish.

Yeh; with large field GPP tournaments, like the Millionaire Maker, you really need to pick the winner to have much of a chance, backed up with a couple of low % owned guys who do well.

If all 6 make the cut then you should at least cash simply with the extra holes the guys are getting and better points for final position.

Way easier said than done mind, I'm living proof :lol:

I done horrendous on the golf last week. I've won a few entries to the million maker though past few weeks so can't wait for that.

This weeks tournament is a bit more low key with not many big names playing. Who you all rostering? Should maybe do a lime on here that we all enter together.

Peurto Rico Open...I have 2 teams; both around the middle of the pool as it stands.

Scott Brown T21

George Coetzee T21

Hao-Tong Lee MC

Seung-Yul Noh MC

Kyle Reifers T3

Dawie Van Der Walt T40

Dean Burmester T21

Tony Finau T15

Chesson Hadley MC

Hao-Tong Lee MC

Sam Saunders T21

Jhonattan Vegas T30

Not awful by any means but I'd need all 4 of the guys who made the cut on either team to have a huge weekend

That h. Lee can suck a dick. Was making the cut until a triple bogey on the 18th. Idiot. I have however managed my first 6/6 but not much hope for big money. Will update tomorrow night.

Didn't bother with that one as 2nd tier tournament. Got a couple of picks in mind for the masters.

Don't suppose anyone knows of a good stats site that is up to date and doesn't charge a fee?

The pga tour's own website has everything but is brutal to navigate and I'm not paying £10 a month for someone else to tell me how to read a spreadsheet.

Archived