Victim-Blamers FC v The Famous Greenock Morton

vikingTON

Still cant get my head round leaving Bobby Barr out, matbe because hes signed a pre contract with Raith? Hope not but why on earth hasnt he played him today, baffling

Think its pretty obv.

He obviously felt 442 with 2 wingers was too attacking so left him out over going with full backs in Russell and McCluskey.

Wrong decision in everyone's eyes, except Jim of course.

Nothing to do with signing for Raith.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be raging to see us setting up with a back three in a run of the mill league game against a worse team than us, never mind against the best team in the country in a cup quarter-final. While it doesn't excuse individual mistakes, Kilday, O'Ware & Lamie were completely hung out to dry by Duffy. Asking that of three defenders who've never played in a back three before and therefore don't have a clue how to do it when up against the best striker in the country and two wingers is just madness.

That said, O'Ware made a complete mess of the first goal, Kilday should have prevented the cross for the second while O'Ware's positioning was poor, and I have no idea what Lamie was playing at for the third. It ultimately came down to the system though, with the complete lack of protection out wide allowing Celtic far too much time on the ball. The midfield was shapeless as central players were constantly having to move out wide, leaving huge gaps in the middle for Celtic players to run through untracked. We really should have been five or six down by half-time.

McKee was our best player by a mile and Russell was decent with the ball at his feet. Barr did well when he came on. Surely after the way he took Hibs apart and knowing counter-attacking at speed was our only hope of taking something here, Barr should have been the first name on the teamsheet?

We all expected a defeat but to lose the way we did is piss poor.

Took both my kids to the game - only my daughter's second game and her first away game. Was expecting astronomical food prices like at Ibrox, but then Celtic aren't trying to prevent administration and don't need to charge an arm and a leg. A reasonable day out, but f**k listening to that drum every other week.

One thing though, the scarf sellers outside the ground - I get the novelty of things like the Simpsons on a scarf, but what do Easter Risings have to do with football?

One thing though, the scarf sellers outside the ground - I get the novelty of things like the Simpsons on a scarf, but what do Easter Risings have to do with football?

After seeing the pish peddled outside Ibrox at the recent vist there compared to outside Parkhead one fills you with a sense of disgust and the other with overwhelming cringe.

That fuckin' drum tho'.

Archived