East Super League - fixtures

Jimmy Cairns

Or Maybe they've got to get fixtures for all the clubs in the district and not musselburgh. If your so clever you have a go. I know I wouldn't like that job

I think you have to look at why it is such a tough job and without going on a rant - the SJFA don't help themselves at all.

- I went to the East meeting at the start of the season, Listened to it and wrote most of it down. Where on earth did the two week winter break come from? That has set clubs back, if you were going to have a break you should have started earlier.

- I would like to see The Scottish Junior Cup, replays cancelled for at least rounds 4, 5 and 6.

- The Scottish Junior Cup ,East of Scotland, Fife and Lothian draws should be made at the start of the season right the way through to the final.

- The season must be looked at to at least prepare for non winter football

- Clubs must be given help to look into 3g or what ever it is pitches.

- Clubs should be able to move their home games to other local venues. - for example as soon as a game is called off, clubs have arranged friendlies somewhere else, why not get the games on at these venues

- Clubs with a history of prosponments should either double play at a 3g venue for arguements sake, if Camelons game is off then they should play before or after Broxburn - that kind of thing. or if there is no urgency to get matches played then they should be given away games.

When you look at the South league - you have Dunbar for example who have only 5 league games left to play - mainly due to them not having a league match at home called off.

Yet in the same division Rosyth have played only 8 league games. I know they have been superb in the cups but they have had 5 away league matches called off. so through no fault of their own they are playing massive catch up.

I think you have to look at why it is such a tough job and without going on a rant - the SJFA don't help themselves at all.

- I went to the East meeting at the start of the season, Listened to it and wrote most of it down. Where on earth did the two week winter break come from? That has set clubs back, if you were going to have a break you should have started earlier.

- I would like to see The Scottish Junior Cup, replays cancelled for at least rounds 4, 5 and 6.

- The Scottish Junior Cup ,East of Scotland, Fife and Lothian draws should be made at the start of the season right the way through to the final.

- The season must be looked at to at least prepare for non winter football

- Clubs must be given help to look into 3g or what ever it is pitches.

- Clubs should be able to move their home games to other local venues. - for example as soon as a game is called off, clubs have arranged friendlies somewhere else, why not get the games on at these venues

- Clubs with a history of prosponments should either double play at a 3g venue for arguements sake, if Camelons game is off then they should play before or after Broxburn - that kind of thing. or if there is no urgency to get matches played then they should be given away games.

When you look at the South league - you have Dunbar for example who have only 5 league games left to play - mainly due to them not having a league match at home called off.

Yet in the same division Rosyth have played only 8 league games. I know they have been superb in the cups but they have had 5 away league matches called off. so through no fault of their own they are playing massive catch up.

The Junior cup should be played earlier and not played through the worst parts of winter. Teams with floodlights teams should be made to play there if theres a huge backlog. Not sure what the big deal is playing under floodlights nowadays as everyone trains under them.

You could probably do away with the Junior cup Replays in all rounds. Semi final put to a one leg at a neutral junior ground.

Archived