Gomorrah - seasons 1-4

Shandon Par

The way Enzo and his gang move about the city is just another example of the incredible cinematography they repeatedly knock out in this show. They're like something from a horror film the way they swoop, swarm then congregate en-masse. 

On 2/5/2018 at 21:17, Terry Tibbs said:

Watched 10 episodes of this the day. Some of the finest television iv ever saw. Rave about this to everyone but still can’t convince many people to watch it

I don't watch that much TV but always rave about this to folk. It takes time for it to get going too. Always felt the first few episodes were more like a "normal" tough gangster show but the longer you stick with it the more it expands into something really special. 

The way Enzo and his gang move about the city is just another example of the incredible cinematography they repeatedly knock out in this show. They're like something from a horror film the way they swoop, swarm then congregate en-masse. 

He's as good as ciro imo. The look on his pus is like a growl and a laugh at the same time.
I couldn't take gennys step dad seriously though. Kept reminding me of Phil Collins [emoji3]

That's me finished the series now, just incredible especially the last 2 episodes. 

Genny and Ciro are such strong characters and I thought Patrizia was amazing the way she played her role particularly in the Handover episode.

Good news is that there's going to be another series.

13 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

That's me finished the series now, just incredible especially the last 2 episodes. 

Genny and Ciro are such strong characters and I thought Patrizia was amazing the way she played her role particularly in the Handover episode.

Good news is that there's going to be another series.

Spoiler

That's going to be a big test without Ciro. I imagine it'll be a battleground between Genny and Enzo, with Genny trying to build up strength to get back at Phil Collins. Patrizia was superb (and a definite wid). Thoroughly enjoyed her completely playing, then wasting Cianel. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maltese: Mafia Detective was really good recently too if you're missing your Gomorrah fix. Think it has some of Gomorrah's producers and some of the tension, camera angles etc but is generally a bit more fun. Unlike Gomorrah, some of the characters are actually nice people. Might find it on whatever you call Channel 4's version of IPlayer. 8 episodes IIRC an the missus and I got through them in a day or two.  

The opening scene is superb and uses CCR's Fortunate Son

• 2 weeks later...

f**k me, this really is the dogs bollocks.

First season down and now starting the second. It is brutal and hard hitting at times but viewing you cannot take your eyes from.

Actually no one your rooting for at all. All proper c**ts.

In saying that I was actually gutted about the wee guy Daniele. Done up like a right kipper by first Ciro and then Conte.

• 4 weeks later...

Utterly loving this.

Just finished the second series.

This is the way it should be and what I love so much about the show, there’s no fucking about. No lengthy dialogues and scenes with little happening.

Everything has a purpose and then boom a face off with two main protagonists is over quickly with one shot.

This is up there with best shows around.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...