Gomorrah - seasons 1-4

Shandon Par

Superb start to the new series. Hard to explain but I've never watched a drama that seems so relaxed and chilled but with so much violence. Not sure if it's intentional but it doesn't feel gratuitous but like its part of a job.

hope there's a massive shootout involving those rocket launchers! Reckon it's possible that Genny might betray his dad.

Im glad there still using the Mokadelic tune for the last scene in every episode. Class tune, and sets the scene everytime

Mrs kept nudging me and saying "where is the music" - class when it finally kicked in. 

Made the mistake of puting the 2nd epsiode on late last night after a busy weekend and dozed off for 10 mins. 

I saw Genny meeting his old man beside an oil tanker in Koln and then remember something about the diamonds being worth little and then old man Savastano getting injured running through the woods and then the 2 of them set up camp overnight in a warehouse and so on. What did I miss between the oil tanker and the injury in the woods?  Can't see a recap online.

Genny tells Pietro that he knows the Calabrians intend to kill his contact in Koln, Mico. Pietro goes off on Genny, with them both blaming each other for losing power in Naples. Mico fires off a rocket launcher in a quarry, in a scene that I'm not sure I understood the relevance of (was it just to show that Pietro has resorted to dealing with idiots?). The Calabrians turn up to kill Mico and Genny saves Pietro from the attack. They nick a car but the police are stopping everyone on the bridge they're on, hence the running through the woods scene.

Basically Genny has totally saved Pietro's bacon and still hasn't won his trust or approval, which is why he's gutted at the end.

Such a good show, I'm already buzzing for the next episodes. It's ridiculous to say this, given what's actually happened in the first two episodes but they were slow burners by Gomorrah's standards. Tension building very nicely for everything to get absolutely mental.

Tremendous 3rd episode, just about to watch the 4th.

Another stunning episode, although Conte getting betrayed at the end was fairly predictable. There's very little on television that beats this programme.

A slightly slower 4th episode, but it's gearing up for all out war in Naples.

Edited by MONKMAN

Had goosebumps after watching the third episode. Laughed at Conte hunting for the ciggs - have been there before and could tell exactly what he was thinking when he started rifling through the drawers etc.

That episode kept reminding me of A Clockwork Orange. The care that goes in to framing each scene, the Droog-like henchmen, the sinking feeling when you realise it's not all going to end well for everyone. Powerful stuff.

• 2 weeks later...