Airdrie v Cowdenbeath

I bought OTL at the game yesterday and noticed the sectarian comment in the fanzine as most football fans know this is a phrase used by supporters of a team from the East End of Glasgow and it's not just used to describe Rangers fans it's used to describe Protestants in general and I feel however decided to use this comment has made a big mistake as I won't be buying it again and will be urging friends I know not to purchase it again .

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know why so many folk are so quick to criticise Adam. We were spoiled with Robbie and Flynn, there's an awfy lot of keepers worse than Adam.Having a go at him won't do his confidence any good.

Adam is shite. Yes we have been spoiled with keepers, including young Jamie but that doesn't change how pish Adam is.

Pissing with the c*ck we've got for now.

The squad we had certainly wasn't set up for free-flowing football, but the changes he has made (attacking full-backs, a good midfield anchor and hopefully more pace going forward in Esposito) indicate that's the way we're aiming.

Top priority was to stop leaking goals, and back-to-back shut outs for the first time in ages is an encouraging sign.

Agree 100%. We've jade it harder for teams to score in the last two games. We have players who can break well and fast as well but there's more changes to come in the summer so got to work with what we have for now.

Must add how huge it's Ben getting Lister back. Superb for us.

poor performance from us Saturday. Too slow in possession. In the final 3rd we had no great movement or intelligence. (SMITH would have played well in a game like this)

Adam was poor. Gibbons looks ok and could be a good player. Certainly better than hughes. Mcdaid was lively think he will struggle at CP with our tight pitch though.

Another striker on board would have been good.

He is half the keeper he was when he was with us.

Based on what? One game you've seen him in lately?

The whole Grant Adam thing has always been a funny one though. No one rates him aside from Airdrie fans and he's struggled to settle anywhere (he's never really gone anywhere as first choice which doesn't help). Who knows how he'd have got on if he had signed permanently for us.

Hope I'm wrong but the poor kid seems to be really battling demons. A few years ago he was brilliant with the young supporters when most of the squad would walk past them. Sincerely hope he gets back on track career wise. No offence intended to Airdrie or the Fifers but GA had ability to play at a higher level.

He was excellent for us in that spell a few years ago. When he kept five consecutive clean sheets in the 2011/12 season, he was the first Airdrie keeper to do so since Johnny Martin did the same in 1994/95.

However, I'd rather have Parry (and Ferguson, if we can keep a hold of him) in the side than him now

Archived