Season 2016/2017 will it be Rangers in the Premier?

Rangers are far stronger than they were last season. HIbs are far better than they were last season as are Falkirk.. There is absolutely no doubt the top of the Championship is far stronger this season.

There is a Championship team in the final of the first major cup tournament.

QoS are weaker but other than that the rest are much of a muchness.

Let's get this season out the way before we start worrying about where Rangersare going to be next season

I know this is a pointless debate and I'm probably wasting my time here, but most of the improvements you mention are reflected by an improvement in their league position. A better comparison is between the teams currently in each position compared to last season.

2. Are Hibs this year stronger than Hibs last year? I think so, but not by as much as you suggest.

3. Are Falkirk stronger than last season's Rangers team? No.

4. Are Raith Rovers stronger than last season's Queen of the South team? Definitely not.

5. Are Queen of the South stronger than last season's Falkirk team? Definitely not.

So out of the teams in positions 2-5 only one of them is stronger than last season.

And there was a Championship team (the 5th placed one) in the Scottish Cup final last year.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rangers are far stronger than they were last season. HIbs are far better than they were last season as are Falkirk.. There is absolutely no doubt the top of the Championship is far stronger this season.

Rangers have improved a bit.

Hibs have gone back a bit.

Falkirk couldn't lace last year's Hearts' boots.

Just an opinion, but it should show that the "absolutely no doubt ... far stronger" part is nonsense. There's at least some doubt that it's stronger at all.

Fair enough there. I looked at the dates rather than the games played which looking back would have been an easier option.

Stronger? An improved Falkirk and Morton who are 10x better than Cowdenbeath who've dropped out - loss of Hearts for St Mirren evens it out as around the same IMO.

We took the same amount of points off you last season as Morton have managed so far this season. I know they still have to play you but the stats that affect Rangers don't back up your claim.

A considerably weaker QoS also counters an improved Falkirk.

As for your claim about St. Mirren. :lol:

Not posted in ages but at least the OP has written something worthwhile responding to.

Not missed many Rangers games this year and to be honest when its good its very good but when its poor its also very poor. I would have to concede playing against teams who sit in and hardly venture over the halfway line contributes greatly to the poorer games.

Are we ready for next season, if we go up?. There's still a long way to go before most of the fans I know will openly state we are getting promoted, so I certainly do not see the over confidence that some refer to. The last few years would suggest something may arise that will provide the sting in the tail.. deducted points for ehmmm thinking about singing the hokey cokey. Im sure they will find something lol.

The question asked is would Rangers be a challenging team next season. There are two important factors, if it is a comparison right here right now with the various squads, we would hold our own in games but I doubt we would be strong enough to win the league as Aberdeen, Celtic (although they are poor recently), Hearts are probably all stronger to sustain a challenge. We are too thin on the ground and need a couple of key players.

That brings me to the second aspect, if we do go up, it will spark renewed life into the Premier league, not necessarily simply through our presence, but others teams will strengthen accordingly even on the back of the additional finance accrued with the blue pound. But that also applies to Rangers too, we will strengthen, we must strengthen, and appear to have begun that process already. I would also say some players who have come in recently may find they are surplus to requirements and replaced accordingly.

What about our style?, it is probably more suited to the Premier league as teams will at least try and play a bit as opposed to sitting in. But in fairness that style can also get us a few bloody noses. Its finding the balance. But it would be terrific if there were more challenging teams all cutting each others throats with arguably, the strongest, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen teams seen in decades.

First season back, a success would be sustaining a challenge and, well you just never know. Second season once we have found our feet would be where I would expect the third phase of rebuilding could pay dividends.

What I would say though is this - as a fan, the day we beat Celtic then the day we win the league will be the days that will never have been matched before with the huge tide of euphoria beyond even that of Manchester or helicopter Sunday.

Not posted in ages but at least the OP has written something worthwhile responding to.

Not missed many Rangers games this year and to be honest when its good its very good but when its poor its also very poor. I would have to concede playing against teams who sit in and hardly venture over the halfway line contributes greatly to the poorer games.

Are we ready for next season, if we go up?. There's still a long way to go before most of the fans I know will openly state we are getting promoted, so I certainly do not see the over confidence that some refer to. The last few years would suggest something may arise that will provide the sting in the tail.. deducted points for ehmmm thinking about singing the hokey cokey. Im sure they will find something lol.

The question asked is would Rangers be a challenging team next season. There are two important factors, if it is a comparison right here right now with the various squads, we would hold our own in games but I doubt we would be strong enough to win the league as Aberdeen, Celtic (although they are poor recently), Hearts are probably all stronger to sustain a challenge. We are too thin on the ground and need a couple of key players.

That brings me to the second aspect, if we do go up, it will spark renewed life into the Premier league, not necessarily simply through our presence, but others teams will strengthen accordingly even on the back of the additional finance accrued with the blue pound. But that also applies to Rangers too, we will strengthen, we must strengthen, and appear to have begun that process already. I would also say some players who have come in recently may find they are surplus to requirements and replaced accordingly.

What about our style?, it is probably more suited to the Premier league as teams will at least try and play a bit as opposed to sitting in. But in fairness that style can also get us a few bloody noses. Its finding the balance. But it would be terrific if there were more challenging teams all cutting each others throats with arguably, the strongest, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen teams seen in decades.

First season back, a success would be sustaining a challenge and, well you just never know. Second season once we have found our feet would be where I would expect the third phase of rebuilding could pay dividends.

What I would say though is this - as a fan, the day we beat Celtic then the day we win the league will be the days that will never have been matched before with the huge tide of euphoria beyond even that of Manchester or helicopter Sunday.

A good post, reckon it sums up how most of us see it too, you should come on here more often mate.

^^^Accepts that they are a new club that have never won the top league nor beaten Celtic. Well done in the honesty stakes.

It's people like yerself strichie that number 55 is going to break the most

Oh I cannae wait , just about hitting a stauner just thinking about it

I don't think there is anyone on this board that will see 55, it took the previous incarnation 120 before the counting stopped.

Something tells me that when it happens the 'new club' pish will be scant solace for the obsessed hordes FB!?

Archived