Scotrail

ScottR96

The smartcard is utterly useless imo; was using it without any issues for 2 months and then suddenly, with no explanation, when I tried to renew my ST it kept giving me an error message when trying to load my season ticket onto it, claiming there wasn't enough time to collect my card... which was bollocks, because a) you just load it up the day after purchase at the station at one of the smart machines b) it says on the fucking site that it only takes 2 hours and c) I'd been renewing it without issue for 2 months beforehand, didn't do anything differently! Had to pay a full price peak fare the next day.

Emailed them, still no response. Asked at the customer services desk between platforms if there was any way someone could help me physically show them the error I was experiencing, nope, was told I had to do it all at home, over the phone or by email. Which I did, and never got a fucking response!

Worthless. Happily I've since found an alternate route that's cheaper via park and riding at the subway. A faint smell of foost/piss on every train, but at this point I'll gladly take that over having to ever use Scotrail again.

edit: this is probably the point where someone points out that the subway is owned/partially owned/operated by the same people that operate Scotrail or something, ha

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

54 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It was Scotrail that advised it was cable theft. On their Facebook messenger and by the Conductor on the train. Where were they saying it was vandalism?

On twitter it was vandalism

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Good to see their Comms department are shit hot too.

You would think it would be the same person doing all the social media updates........maybe not thats far too easy

You would think it would be the same person doing all the social media updates........maybe not thats far too easy

To be fair, they probably have a Comms Team rather than one person, but you'd think the same message would go out. The conductor on our train mentioned signalling issues between Inverkeithing and Dalmeny and said it was suspected theft of signalling cabling again.

When you go on the Scotrail Facebook page a messenger symbol appears and says something like we're live, talk now. That punter confirmed cable theft.

Theft, vandalism whatever. Is it just a handy coincidence that there's a scrap yard right near where these acts of theft/vandalism occur. Cable theft is a pain in the arse. There's been a few of those incidents in that area. Maybe time to invest in some CCTV.

Got a nice surprise this morning when instead of the ancient rolling stock we normally get on the Neilston - Central line one of the new (less than 20 years old) trains that you normally see on the Queen Street - Edinburgh lines came rolling into the station.  Tables and power sockets and armrests and everything!

How else are they to pay for the nice new trains on my line?

Well I had to cancel the tickets I booked and I was charged a tenner for the refund...
So that’s the cost of the ticket minus a tenner, the cost of the ticket again and the cost of the new (more expensive) tickets I’ve been charged. I am loving life!

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 06:41, Scary Bear said:

To be fair, they probably have a Comms Team rather than one person, but you'd think the same message would go out. The conductor on our train mentioned signalling issues between Inverkeithing and Dalmeny and said it was suspected theft of signalling cabling again.

When you go on the Scotrail Facebook page a messenger symbol appears and says something like we're live, talk now. That punter confirmed cable theft.

Theft, vandalism whatever. Is it just a handy coincidence that there's a scrap yard right near where these acts of theft/vandalism occur. Cable theft is a pain in the arse. There's been a few of those incidents in that area. Maybe time to invest in some CCTV.

Probably steal them, too.

On 10/11/2017 at 08:25, KnightswoodBear said:

Got a nice surprise this morning when instead of the ancient rolling stock we normally get on the Neilston - Central line one of the new (less than 20 years old) trains that you normally see on the Queen Street - Edinburgh lines came rolling into the station.  Tables and power sockets and armrests and everything!

Disappointingly the train home was back to the ancient shanner model.

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I got on the train at the advertised platform at Central last night and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a "modern" train running on the Neilston line. I was less surprised when it transpired it was going nowhere. Luckily the next one was ten minutes later.

On 10/12/2017 at 08:34, KnightswoodBear said:

Shanner express again this morning.  I'm beginning to think they've just stuck the newer train on the line as a replacement for one of the old ones that's broken down or something.  

They can't tease us with that kind of shit, man.  :(

Bought a scotrail ticket online from Edinburgh airport to Stirling. When I printed it out it said from Haymarket. Once tram lady checked it said it wasnt valid. During my borderline hissyfit I showed her my confirmation on phone saying otherwise. She said It was a common issue they were having with scotrail and I am now an extra fiver down.