Scotrail

ScottR96

Last Thursday night took the piss.

Traveling back to Perth from Hampden, walk into Queen street aware of works meaning buses back, was advised by a worker, could get a bus from Queen street direct to Perth, or get a train 40 minutes to Croy and a bus from there. So we chose option 2 and went for a couple of pints.

Get off at Croy only to be told they forgot to book a bus to Perth from Croy at that time and had o organise taxis. It took them over an hour.

Journey from Inverness - Edinburgh yesterday was terrible. Train was over crowded and as a result had no catering on it, we had massive suitcase and couldn't put it anywhere else other than right in front of me on the seat with my knees squashed in. The train just got busier at Aviemore and Perth and it was properly uncomfortable, they just sell as many tickets as they want at a rip off price and don't give a shit about customer satisfaction obviously.  Would have been much better off getting the bus. 

May as well drink piss from a can than drink that vile stuff.
Anyway, anyone know where in relation to the old station the new Forres station is?

You shut yer puss, arsehile. Even if I did know where teuchtar station was I wouldn’t tell you.
Anyway, this morning I booked train tickets for my next trip to Fife in a few weeks - still don’t have the refund (or response to my email) from the tickets I was charged twice a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to the cans on the train though.

14 minutes ago, Jason King said:

May as well drink piss from a can than drink that vile stuff.

Anyway, anyone know where in relation to the old station the new Forres station is?

Think it's just moving about a hundred yards or less north, ie. further from town.

58 minutes ago, Jason King said:

It's right next to the old one. Google Maps hasn't been updated but the track has just been extended in a straight line to bypass the old curved station.

Forres.png.e730931c8ba54032a7f632cac97f6384.png

Edited by RiG

Ach you get the good and the bad with Scotrail. Especially in terms of pricing. So far this year I've been charged

- £40 for a group return ticket to Glasgow for 4 (jumped off in Perth for racing) but £35 return to Perth for each of the two additional tickets I booked for mates who decided to come last minute.

- over £40 for a return to Edinburgh for the Dons game at Murrayfield (even getting a 7.30am train down)

- less than a tenner for a return to Dundee in December

- Free return to Arbroath in November

It just seems utterly bonkers the pricing structure and while I understand it's dictated by supply and demand factors, they really could do a lot more to help out a) regular travellers and b) folk travelling to the fitba

If you're a regular traveller for football  then you should know how the system works  and when you should be buying your tickets in advance.  It's not the job of a private company to hold your hand to stop you making a tit of things. 

I don't think the trains are as bad as people are making out. I travel back to Larbert every few weeks and the train isn't that bad. The price on the other hand. Even with a railcard it still costs me £18.90

Anyway, this morning I booked train tickets for my next trip to Fife in a few weeks - still don’t have the refund (or response to my email) from the tickets I was charged twice a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to the cans on the train though.

Still don’t have a fucking refund! Despite Jordan confirming it was their fault, he’s asked for a picture of my bank statement showing the bank details and transactions. As it’s 2017 I don’t have a paper copy and online doesn’t show this. ‘Mon Jordan son, sort it out. I’ve sent 7 emails and spent 20 minutes on the phone so far.

13 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Still don’t have a fucking refund! Despite Jordan confirming it was their fault, he’s asked for a picture of my bank statement showing the bank details and transactions. As it’s 2017 I don’t have a paper copy and online doesn’t show this. ‘Mon Jordan son, sort it out. I’ve sent 7 emails and spent 20 minutes on the phone so far.

If you remember the exact amount you should be able find the payment online, you could with RBS anyway. And who the f**k is Jordan? And why are you talking to your dotting account?