The Overpriced Mercenary Leagues Thread

Sloop John B

Balotelli going to China is the most predictable transfer of the year.

I saw the Brendmeister General has a big money offer to go there as well; wonder if the next step will be them poaching European managers en-masse.

Edited by RB-Scotland

...wonder if the next step will be them poaching European managers en-masse.

That boat has sailed mate: Of the 16 CSL teams, there are 8 European and two Brazilians managers.  Includes Scolari, Eriksson, , Zaccheroni, Stojkovic, Petrescu.

Mario Balotelli has received offers from Turkey and China but it is believed he would prefer a move to China. Jiangsu lead the race

Almost 4 years now since Balotelli scored twice in the semi final of the Euros against Germany.

Predictable but still sad what has happened since.

The Derek Riordan of World Football.

That boat has sailed mate: Of the 16 CSL teams, there are 8 European and two Brazilians managers.  Includes Scolari, Eriksson, , Zaccheroni, Stojkovic, Petrescu.

Ah, wasn't aware.  Eriksson, Scolari and Petrescu are the type of names you'd expect, I suppose.

Anyone know if any British TV channels have picked up rights for highlights or even full match coverage of the Chinese Super League?

Ah, wasn't aware. Eriksson, Scolari and Petrescu are the type of names you'd expect, I suppose.

Anyone know if any British TV channels have picked up rights for highlights or even full match coverage of the Chinese Super League?

No but don't imagine it's far off. Also fully expect the league to be in the next FIFA.

• 3 months later...
46 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

I see Sky Sports have signed a 3 year deal for live Coverage of the Chinese Super League

Interesting.  I did notice that CSL games had appeared on http://www.live-footballontv.com/ schedule this morning.

Some people are having a bit of a meltdown on Twitter about, including shite footballer Leon Knight...

Dribbling simpletons throwing thier toys out the pram in the uk. down south they really seem to have thier backs up over the Chinese league, probably cause teams over there have silly money and can throw it around.

up here it's already a case where people are rolling out the old " why aren't they investing millions upon millions up here ". Well because sky aren't a charity thier a business, it's quite simple really.

Edited by Gaviliunas

Of course, BT Sport show both non-league football and an occasional bit of the U21 stuff, so I'm not really sure what his point is.

Edited by David W

Has any Chinese team actually said they want to sign Vieri?

With the money kicking about out there now you'd think the teams would set their sights higher than a guy who has been retired for 6/7 years.